Thread: Looking for a good taxidermist?

Default Looking for a good taxidermist?

I have hunted Alaska for over thirty years. Last September I went on a caribou hunt in the brooks range. I shot an animal with a beautiful white neck and decided to have him mounted. My long time taxidermist had retired a few years ago so I was looking for someone with experience. I called around talked to friends and got a recommendation to call Juli at "Alaska Wildlife rugs and Taxidermy". I brought my cape and antlers over to her facility and looked at her work. I was impressed with the high quality and lifelike representation of all her mounts. I decided to give her a try and I wasn't disappointed. She spent time going over the antlers and what presentation would highlight the best qualities. She kept in contact and informed me of the progress. I will definitely use her again. Thanks for a great job Juli
    Attached Images Attached Images

You are very welcome akbakers. I did not know I had even been referred to you by someone else, so whoever it was, please tell them thank you for me!

I think he looks great at his new home! The fun of being a taxidermist is that I get to enjoy all of my customer's trophies for a little bit, before sending them on to their homes.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Quote Originally Posted by akbakers View Post
    I have hunted Alaska for over thirty years. Last September I went on a caribou hunt in the brooks range. I shot an animal with a beautiful white neck and decided to have him mounted. My long time taxidermist had retired a few years ago so I was looking for someone with experience. I called around talked to friends and got a recommendation to call Juli at "Alaska Wildlife rugs and Taxidermy". I brought my cape and antlers over to her facility and looked at her work. I was impressed with the high quality and lifelike representation of all her mounts. I decided to give her a try and I wasn't disappointed. She spent time going over the antlers and what presentation would highlight the best qualities. She kept in contact and informed me of the progress. I will definitely use her again. Thanks for a great job Juli
    Akbakers, the mount looks great. Juli is currently working on a full size grizzly mount for me and I can't wait to see what she comes up with!! The part I highlighted above is important...I personally think. I like how Juli keeps you informed on what's going on with your mount. I really appreciate her emails. On the flip side, I am having 2 fish done, replicas. They told me last Jan that it would be a year. Well, here I sit at almost the 17 month point with crap for updates. Starting this past Feb I have called every 2 months and they keep telling me "2 more months". These are not my first mounts and I know it takes time, they are busy, life gets in the way, and whatever else a guy could dream up. What gets me is the whole attitude of "kicking the can down the road" response. If you are behind, flat out tell me that I will be content, and wait without bugging you. Sorry for the hijack but it felt good to vent a little!!

Got my first mount back from Julie today. Won't be my last.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Yep, the secrets out! You're going to be real busy, Juli.