Thread: Is Johnson Pass trail a crowded baiting area

Default Is Johnson Pass trail a crowded baiting area

Hello All, I tried to search this forum and didn't find much information on bear baiting along the Johnson Pass trail. I was wondering if along the trail there is heavy hunting pressure with a lot of baiting?

I could be wrong, but I don't expect that anywhere more than a mile or so from the road would have much baiting activity. If you can't get a boat, ATV, airplane, or highway vehicle close to it, not too many people are going to carry the kind of weight necessary to set up and maintain a bait stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't expect that anywhere more than a mile or so from the road would have much baiting activity. If you can't get a boat, ATV, airplane, or highway vehicle close to it, not too many people are going to carry the kind of weight necessary to set up and maintain a bait stand.
    I agree with that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    You'd be surprised. Hope area is non motorized and there are barrels everywhere back in there

Quote Originally Posted by Rob191288 View Post
    You'd be surprised. Hope area is non motorized and there are barrels everywhere back in there
    not more than a mile though like he said. Most are actually in illegal sites and troopers are finally cracking down
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.