Thread: Electrodyne puller review

Default Electrodyne puller review

I have owned a safe T puller for the past 10 years or so on my previous boat. For the most part was very satisfied with it and no real complaints.

I got a new boat last fall and let the safe t puller go with the old boat. I opted for an electrodyne this time around after all the folks on here bragging them up. Well it certainly lives up to all the hype. I mounted it flush into the bulkhead wall keeping it out of the way. I have a very slick davit set up as well that pretty much disappears when not in use. But it's the power, speed, and quiet of the ed that is so impressive! They are alot more money than something like an ace or scotty. But in the same ballpark as the commercial grade safe t puller. But is way more puller. So glad I let old Steve convince that the ed is the only way to go. It sure is better than anything I've been around. Now just hope it holds up as long as Steve swears that they do!.

Can you post some pics on how you mounted the ED? I have the My-T-Puller and my only issue is storing it. It does a good job and I do like it.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." Doug Larson

Here's a pic sitting in the driveway. The arm pushes back into the rod rack when not in use. It's all but gone when slide in. I love it over having a big davit arm to fight with. And not having the puller swinging around up on the end of it is nice too.

I agree on electradyne over safe t puller. Night and day difference.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433285429.693905.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I forgot to mention HANDS FREE!!! Put a bucket or bag under the puller. Turn it on and drink a cold beverage as you watch the pots come up. Sure doesn't take long! Still getting used to not having the foot switch. That's just a matter of breaking habits though.

Hands free, I'm sold! I might try to get a davit made for my boat so I can hoist the inflatable on top if I can get it to go around the rod and radar arch. Thanks for posting the review. Any davit recommendations????
    Ryan
    Kingfisher 2525 Honda 225 & 20

AKmud Rob will build you whatever you need. Here's a pic a customer emailed me of his great flush mount, hauler, engine controls and auto pilot jog lever all in one nice clean package. Maybe those guys at our high dollar boatbuilders will finally figure out how to do a nice functional console on one of their builds ??

Attached Images Attached Images

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Akmud on here has a loyal following. Never been in his shop but have seen alot of pics on this forum of his work. All quality looking work. Lots of it is boat work ie davits radar arches ect. Living in er as you do that's who I'd get ahold of.

console pics didn't show up so here they are
    Attached Images Attached Images

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692