Thread: Insurance for dozer

Default Insurance for dozer

Hi guys. I am buying a dozer next week to keep at my property and I wanted to know if any of you can recommend who to talk to about insuring it against theft, vandalism, and liability. I don't plan on anything happening to it, but would sure hate to be in that situation without coverage.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.
    BEE

One suggestion I have is: Count how many places on the dozer that are designed for padlocks. And get that many with the same key. Also NEVER leave the seat with the dozer. A polebarn would be nice. See if you can add it to your homeowners insurance.

Thank you sir!

Which machine are you buying I'm curious

Off of the insurance subject a little . You would do much better with a trackhoe as you could do more ,remove stumps ,dig ditches , and you can level and smooth out the area. If you have one with the thumb. Just get a section of I beam and use it like a dozer blade. I am envious of you sure would like to have a piece of eqpt. at my cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    Hi guys. I am buying a dozer next week to keep at my property and I wanted to know if any of you can recommend who to talk to about insuring it against theft, vandalism, and liability. I don't plan on anything happening to it, but would sure hate to be in that situation without coverage.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.
    BEE

I have had tractors before, and just covered them under my homeowners insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by andweav View Post
    Which machine are you buying I'm curious
    An older John Deere 550 in phenomenal condition.

Big Bend:
    There are some areas that simply need earth moved that I think will be faster with a dozer. A good used dozer is a LOT cheaper than any excavators I have seen. I do like the idea of using the I-beam though- very slick idea!
    We rented equipment last year and got a lot of work done, but in the long run it will be cheaper to have this than to rent.
    My buddy is a wizard with heavy equipment and used an excavator to remove lots of large tree stumps after we cut trees for trail and building lots. The dozer we rented did a great job for the driveway 1 1/2 miles long. Having the dozer, a 4wd tractor with a bucket, an old boom truck in the near future will be great and my buddy plans to get an excavator at some point- so we will be set sometime. He has land above me so we are getting equipment together to share. After getting building sites completely ready I want to put in some trails around the property to have some better access to thinning out some trees as well as create some fire break trails for 'just in case'.

Thank y'all for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    An older John Deere 550 in phenomenal condition.

Make sure you keep the frame bolts tight........ The one that attach the frame to the tranny......They tend to get loose and crack the tranny case......
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Quote Originally Posted by travelers View Post
    Make sure you keep the frame bolts tight........ The one that attach the frame to the tranny......They tend to get loose and crack the tranny case......
    Thank you for the words of advise! Much appreciated.