Thread: spotting scope camera/ camera phone adapter

Default spotting scope camera/ camera phone adapter

so i finally upgraded my spotter to an angled swarovski. i would like to be able to take pictures with it (digiscoping?). even if i could mount my cameraphone... What kind of setups are you guys using that you are pleased with? I see several options on Amazon, but would like to order the right one the first time. On a side note, after glassing flattop from lower hillside last night, i wish i had made this upgrade years ago.
    its better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

I use cabelas meopta and an iphone 5s. Amazing results. This old guy was hanging out at somewhere between 1 1/2 and 2 miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My current setup is a Swaro STM/iphone 5s and a Phoneskope universal adapter. I've been very happy with it and I think there now even offering one that will allow you to keep the case on your phone (for certain cases). http://www.phoneskope.com/

Sam Buck.... How are you attaching phone to eyepiece. Those are exactly the kind of pics I'm wanting to try. Trout bum, I will check out that website this morning. Thanks!
    its better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...eg/1608107.uts

Maybe that link won't work but if you search cabelas website for "meopix" you have to know your eyepiece size for your spotting scope. It's easy looks like phonescope's adapter only from cabelas.