Thread: Seward Sockeye

Default Seward Sockeye

Has anyone been down to Seward to snag reds yet? Any luck? thanks

They are coming in now...a bit early.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

I was out there over the weekend camping. My buddy caught 2 on saturday evening tide and 2 again sunday morning tide. It's still slow but they are there if you put in the time.

I have heard good reports of sockeye and king salmon. Think I need to see for myself.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

While there on Sunday I heard from folks the past few days were good, especially Friday. I got there at 9am and left at 4pm with 4 nice reds. Only one on the incoming and 3 almost back to back about 1.5 - 2 hours after the high.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    I have heard good reports of sockeye and king salmon. Think I need to see for myself.
    Jedi - your PM is full. Send me a message.

Was there on Saturday. Fished an hour on either side of high tide. There were probably 150-200 folks in the area. Didn't see any fish landed during that time. Saw five people leaving with one fish each.

Anyone snagging in Seward this year?? Updates?

Heading down this weekend with the kiddos. Hopefully it turns out good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just got back this morning. Last nights run was amazing people were limiting out in 15 mins. Woke up early this morning to fish the next high tide nothing but stragglers on a hand full of fish landed. People are saying its the best run in 30 years definitely worth a try.image.jpg

Wife n i limited out pretty quickly thursday, today was slower, but still walked away with 4 today. Fish still tricking in but gotta call it a day. Tight lines. Have fun.

I hit the flats Saturday evening for the incoming tide. The action was slow but steady and it took almost 3 hours to get my limit. I felt lucky as a lot went home empty-handed.

Lots of campers, lots of people and lots of tourists/first-timers. It was a fun atmosphere out there.

AOJ is reporting the reds are still entering the river and they've raised the limit to 12. Has anyone been down there lately who can verify the numbers coming in are still worth going after?

The freezer is already stocked for the next year but I can always use more dog food (yes, my dogs are spoiled and eat sockeye). I'm trying to decide if a daytrip down there this weekend is worthwhile.

Fished spring beach 3 last days, caught 7, reds and a chum for Jack/Notch heh. Its slow, some schools, but jumpers are rare and lonely.

Was there all day but I think most were caught low tide-ish.

PM for a good spot.

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk