Thread: Delta sheep?

Default Delta sheep?

My 10 year old boy drew the late tag, and we're just looking for some tips. I have done a search and gathered some good info, and have talked to a few guys that have hunted it, but if anyone wants to throw more info my way I would sure appreciate it.

Bradford Creek. Get back into the headwaters.

Default Gook luck...

Quote Originally Posted by kenaislider View Post
    My 10 year old boy drew the late tag, and we're just looking for some tips. I have done a search and gathered some good info, and have talked to a few guys that have hunted it, but if anyone wants to throw more info my way I would sure appreciate it.
    ....for sure with your hunt. My wife and I flew into the Johnson River last year on the late hunt and had a great time and saw tons of sheep on the Delta and TMA sides of the glacier. We didn't connect on anything, but saw lots.

Default DCUA sheep

I saw numerous 40"+ in Boulder Creek when drawn in 2000 - mostly in the rocks at skyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Bradford Creek. Get back into the headwaters.
    We got two rams out of Bradford creek last year and it's a grueling slog getting in there even if you atv up the Gerstle to Bradford and then hike in. No go for a 10 year old. Unless you can get in there some other way like getting flown in to the St. Anthonys pass area on that plateau or somehow "take the high road" with a quad instead of going up the Gerstle.

You can atv up Coal Mine trail and get back to sheep country but you do have to cross Riley creek and one other I think.

I'd find a good pilot a fly in.

Good luck to you and I hope you guys can connect.

Perry

Thanks to all for the info! Plan is for now, to access area with quad via coal creek trail, depending on h2o level. Possibly 40 mile loop? Looks like I will be busy building a new cabin after this fire, so our hunt time is getting shorter, still plan on being in area for a week. The boy and his Mom drew goat permits also, but we are gonna be hard pressed to fit them in now.