Thread: Dipnetting in August?

Default Dipnetting in August?

I can't legally dipnet until 1 AUG and have a trip scheduled to be there in line for Hems charters on the 3rd. I've heard of some people having decent luck in early August, but would like to hear more experiences before I go booking a trip doomed for failure. Any chance of getting decent fish if not my limits that late in the season based on recent trends or should I just wait til next year?

Where were you planning on dipnetting?
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I have gone in August before. Fishing was kind of slow but.... hardly anyone was there, it gets dark, so a campfire is awesome, and hardly anyone was there! I like it, I say just go anyhow. Good luck!

James
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Quote Originally Posted by TAM2215 View Post
    I can't legally dipnet until 1 AUG and have a trip scheduled to be there in line for Hems charters on the 3rd. I've heard of some people having decent luck in early August, but would like to hear more experiences before I go booking a trip doomed for failure. Any chance of getting decent fish if not my limits that late in the season based on recent trends or should I just wait til next year?
    I pushed up a couple last year's post for you to check out...see other thread. ..I've had some good trips in September even...only they were mostly silvers and they're not as good eating

Awesome, thanks a lot. hoose35 where ever Hems drops me off which I believe is south of the bridge is where they operate. Also I will be going by myself.

Some of the fastest dip-netting I have ever done for two limits was in Aug - 15th-ish... It does get dark like others have said - You will have more blush fish to sort through but there will be some bright ones in the mix as well.
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

Quote Originally Posted by AKArcher View Post
    Some of the fastest dip-netting I have ever done for two limits was in Aug - 15th-ish... It does get dark like others have said - You will have more blush fish to sort through but there will be some bright ones in the mix as well.
    Same here, I've had more 2-3 per dip during early August than any other month. Fastest was 27 fish in 45 minutes. My norm is 2 nets, 1 person dipping, 2nd person thumping, dumping, gilling, stringing, pass empty net after receiving net with fish. Was a mix with the beginnings of beaks and without and a handful of silvers but mostly without.