I'm making a Montague trip this week and would love some tips on what/where to fish. I am pretty green when it comes to saltwater fishing and could definitely use the help!
My equipment: Garmin 7607xsv w/CHIRP, DownVu, SideVu & underwater charts, several halibut rods/reels, circle hook & leader rigs, several jigs, misc tackle, etc.
- Besides halibut, what species should I target in May?
- How to find halibut habitat using sonar/charts
- Marking halibut using my sonar
- Best areas around Montague to target 30-70lb fish
- Any special rig/bait setups to use
- Do I need a harpoon or will a king net suffice?
We'll be staying at the Green Island cabin so Hinchinbrook will also be within striking range. Any tips for that area would be appreciated!