Thread: Hooligan in Turnagain

Default Hooligan in Turnagain

Fished the ebb tide off the guardrail yesterday and caught a bucket-full in an hour.

Missing AOJ.

Why did AOJ shutdown? Good job though !

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    KK got tired of devoting all his spare time to the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    KK got tired of devoting all his spare time to the website.
    Boo, that sucks

Saw a bunch of these guys yesterday on the lower Susitna right against the shore. How do you guys cook them?

Quote Originally Posted by z987k View Post
    Saw a bunch of these guys yesterday on the lower Susitna right against the shore. How do you guys cook them?
    My wife made some Wednesday and she salted and peppered flour and heated pan with cooking oil, anyway roll hooligan in flour and then place in frying pan. She also brined some over night then baked them, mmmm good!

I was at Twentymile day before yesterday (5/28) and it wasn't crowded. Fairly steady fishing, about one every three sweeps or so. It appears that the fish have already spawned and are now moving back to saltwater.
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    We are doing what we can to fill the gap. Salmon run charts should be up shortly and we will make a forum-wide announcement when it goes live. Meanwhile, we are in the midst of building 14 pages of dipnetting information and have launched about half of it so far. You can find it at this link. This link takes you to the main home page, which contains excerpts of the inside pages. You can direct-link to the individual pages by clicking on the links of the left side of each page in the section.

I am admittedly weak on the Copper River stuff, but am doing the research right now. If anyone wants to lend a hand (even a phone interview would help), drop me a line!

Enjoy!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

good page Mike!!! thanks for the effort!

Someday I'll make the run for hooligan, if they taste anything like smelt it will be a one time trip LOL!

Coppers pretty simple.

its steep.
    bring rope,
    bring a harness
    tie off
    the trails getting washed out, will be interesting this year. Don't climb out of the wash heading home too heavy or you'll flip! And don't rip the rocks out of it either...noticed that happening last year, guys pushing the rocks over to keep people from going any farther.

if you bush whack and its raining beware its slippery beyond goose poop slick!

or go with Hems and be done with it.

did I mention, bring some rope!?!?!