Thread: Blacktail deer hunting on Kodiak Island

Default Blacktail deer hunting on Kodiak Island

I will be making my first trip the first week of NOV. this fall to hunt deer on the Island. There is 6 guys in my group. We are using a transporter to get to the hunt area to hunt for a week. Staying aboard the board as our camp. Looking for any tips, necessary things to have on trip and what one might expect on this adventure. Thanks for sharing infomation.

Helly Hansen raingear, rattling horns, hat with deer ears, bear spray, and go to South end of island.......

Good timing. If there's no snow, hunt high. Use binocs to find deer before you wander around.

Good luck on your hunt. I am making my first trip to kodiak to hunt blacktails but we are wanting to hunt high country in sept on the south end of the island. we are renting a camp from kodiak kamps and flying into the south end of the island with andrews. we are planning on hell for stout rain gear for sure and knew we would need a stout tent so we went with kodiak kamps. i'll be following this post to see if anyone else has some tips and gear advice as well.