Thread: Boat launch

Default Boat launch

Hi there. I grew up in the peninsula, but never had my own boat. I've seen self laugh at deep creek. Now that I do, I want to launch my 20 ft from my truck. My trailer tongue is long and was going to add an extension to my hitch.
    Where in Anchor point can I launch my self? Of course, pending I good weather days. Personal message me or email : glickstr@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by fishing nut View Post
    Hi there. I grew up in the peninsula, but never had my own boat. I've seen self laugh at deep creek. Now that I do, I want to launch my 20 ft from my truck. My trailer tongue is long and was going to add an extension to my hitch.
    Where in Anchor point can I launch my self? Of course, pending I good weather days.
    Personal message me. Or email: glickstr@gmail.com

Charterboat Operator

the beach at Anchor is long and flat. depending on the truck you are using and weather or not you want to put it in the salt will really be the determining factor. Down by the mouth, the beach is firmer and rockier, lots of folks launch from there. Several do it yourselfers do it in the same area as the tractors, nice part there is if you do ever have a problem, tractors are readily available to pull you out. Most will drive down to the waters edge and drop the boat in a few inches of water, go park the truck, then push the boat out. Upon returning it is about the same , most will bring the boat to the beach , go get the truck and then back your trailer to the edge of the water, position the boat and crank it up and onto the trailer, all of which can be done without getting the truck totally soaked.
    If yoou were thinking about bieng able to drive the boat onto the trailer and not put your truck in the water, i would plan on about a 20' toung extension!

Has,ha!! I forgot the beach is long and flat. I'll check it out down by the river. Is there a fee for the mouth?

Charterboat Operator

negative
    its state owned and free!

There is a spot on the river where small boats launch. It is about a 1/2-mile past the tractor launch.
    Past the wide area.
    Depending on your type of boat and engine you are dependent on the tides to enter the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiderunner View Post
    There is a spot on the river where small boats launch. It is about a 1/2-mile past the tractor launch.
    Past the wide area.
    Depending on your type of boat and engine you are dependent on the tides to enter the bay.
    Thank you Tiderunner!! I will go down there and check it out. I was thinking 2 hours before high and 2 hours after slack. Hoping it'll work, pending on weather. I heard if the weather turns a bit rough and wait to long, your stuck out there for awhile.
    I seen some trucks launching there 18-20 ft boats from the beach, just to the left of the tractor launch at deep creek. Is there a fee for doing that down there at deep creek, launching with your own truck??

Charterboat Operator

That is a no charge as well, but unless you park down on the beach i do believe there is a parking fee.