Thread: Lost wallet in Whittier

Default Lost wallet in Whittier

This is a long shot. Somewhere between paying for launch and the parking lot then back to my boat my wallet disappeared.. If anyone seen it I'd love to get it back.. It was lost on may 15th. Above all I just want my drivers license back so I don't have to go to the dmv.

i think u mean u emptied yer wallet. happens 2 most visitors there

It was found and is being mailed back to me

Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    It was found and is being mailed back to me

Sweet. I've had that happen in homer last year. Lost cash but I would have given it to the tinder anyways. Someone had to pick it up and take it to the police station. I appreciated that extra effort by the individual.

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

I found a wallet a year or so ago on the sidewalk outside of a popular restraunt. The guy had a lot of his own business cards in the wallet so I called him and told him I found his wallet on the ground outside this restraunt. He asked me to just take it back to the restraunt and then hung up. No thank you. I did the right thing, but don't understand how some people are just so ungrateful. He could have been scrambling to cancel credit cards, etc. instead of a short drive back to that restraunt.

Kudos to whoever found your wallet OP.

Good to know that there are some good ones out there. I never understood folks that would pick up something identifiable and not try to return it, or not help a person obviously stuggling wtih something. The other day there was an older lady who was mailing some big bulky boxes at the PO, she was lookin around all nervous if she should leave her purse or not to go get the rest, so here she comes with her monster old lady purse plus this box and everyone was just standing there. So I walked up and asked if I could retrieve the rest from her car while she took care of the transaction with the clerk.....she looked at me like I had two heads! So then I said I could watch her purse for her, to which she said, "No, but it would actually be great if you grabbed those boxes".........

A few years ago my son left his wallet on his trucks bumper when changing his waders in the valley. Rode all the way back until around Eklutna and fell off. His credit cards, photo's, fishing license, ID's and money was scattered for about a quarter of a mile on both sides of the rode according the guy that spent the time and danger gathering it up. One of those bad biker dudes, the scary Harley riders, stopped and gathered it all up and called him to return it. He even gathered up and returned the money. My son thought all the money except a couple of ones were found. Now that is way above and beyond. The guy would not take the cash for stopping but did manage to share a couple of cold ones as I remember the story. I believe he got the call that the wallet was found before he knew it was missing. There are still good ones around and you can never know where they will be found. I think everyone in my family has found and returned a wallet at some point. Karma and all that.

I was extremely fortunate that the guy that found it was kind enough to track me down. He had to google my last name because I am not in the phone book and the address on my driver license is not correct so I was hoping that if it was found it wasnt mailed to that address. He had to get a hold of my dad luckily there are only six of us in Alaska with my last name and I know them all. I ended up loosing it at one of the forestry cabins in port wells that we stopped by while we were exploring new areas. Of all the things in my wallet that I had the only thing that ment anything to me was my Marine corps unit coin. I had a little cash in it and offered it to the finder but he declined and only took money for the shipping. I am hoping that there is a return address so I can send a thank you back. It is nice to know that there are still good people in this world, with all the bad in the news it is nice to hear some good.

I am glad that there are still good people out there. Case in point. I was in Seward on Sunday. When loading up at the marina for the ride home I got sidetracked and left a brief case on the gunnels of the boat. It rode to the gas station and when we turned on to the highway to head to Eagle River it went off on the side of the road. We were heading out of town when a good Samaritan flagged us down and had us pull over. He told us the case had fallen and someone was picking it up and if we waited there they would probably be by. We waited about 5 minutes and then got a call from home. It was my wife with the name and number of someone that had found the case. He had quickly looked through and found a Fish Alaska magazine with my address. Using some of his contacts he was able to get my phone number and called my wife who called me. I called him and he pulled up behind me and gave me the case. It contained my InReach device and my iPad so I was really glad to get it back. While he didn't want anything I did slip him a $10 to get a pitcher of beer on me. It is nice to know that there are still good ones out there. And yes, I did feel like a dumb%$$ for leaving it on the side of the boat. It was almost returned before I even knew it was missing. My gratitude to all that were involved. Ken

I'm glad you got your wallet returned. That's great!

I'm still hoping someone picked up my camera, and is looking to find its owner. I posted this is the Power Boating forum, but perhaps I should have put it here, as well?
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...87-Lost-Camera

I left a camera at the Whittier fish cleaning tables Saturday evening (May 21). Dumb mistake, for sure, but I'm hoping someone on the forums might have picked it up. It's a Canon 40D with a 28-135mm lens. The most recent pictures are of a friend's 18 year-old son and his 80# halibut. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I left my name & number with the harbor master, or you can shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Told you to take it to the restaurant and hung up on you? With a reply like that I would have taken it to the police station and logged it in and lost and found and made him go through the red tape of getting it back from there. But, good karma coming to you for making it easy for him. I'm sure a guy like that will inevitably lose his wallet again and maybe next time it will just stay lost.

At least in this day and age there are still good people out there, good enough to return wallets to their owners. I'd go out of my way to make an effort to locate someone if they lost their wallet. People have all kinds of personal items in their wallets which are irreplaceable or a pain in the butt to replace.

I lost a wallet while sledding up at Arctic Valley (on the long 2 mile hill).... 8 months later I get a call on my cell phone and this guy says... "did you loose a wallet at Arctic Valley?". Went over to there house and there it was will the $27 still in it, little worse for wear and damp but all there. People would not take any $$.

Just wish the person who picked up the kayak that flew off the top of our boat on the seward highway a couple weeks ago were more honest. I turned around as soon as I could but it was gone in the 5 minutes it took me to get back.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson