Thread: Sea Duck Help!

Default Sea Duck Help!

Well gents made it up to AK in late Feb, finally. Really enjoying this place. Since Duck season is just around the corner....
    I figured id ask for some pointers on sea ducks. Not wanting anyones Honey hole more like Tactics, what you look for in a spot before setting up (minus ducks of course), decoy spreads. Pretty much anything is going to be helpful. Ive hunted sea ducks once and that was on the east coast so im sure things are differant.

Thanks!

I have hunted the east coast for sea ducks and here is not much different. Set your decoys on a good longline I have a few dozen but add more every year. Points are good places to set up. Where are you located?

In Fairbanks, looking to possibly hunt out of Valdez, homer, possibly Adak (pending transpo when i get on island). You setting up off the bank or in a boat?

I've done both. I do all my sea duckin out of Homer, the problem from the shore there is how big the tides are so you have to either keep moving your decoys or find a steep bank.