Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Former BoF appointee Maw fined in Montana

Default Former BoF appointee Maw fined in Montana

http://www.adn.com/article/20150518/...ontana-charges

And this guy wanted to be the director of Fish and Game, after that failed he wanted to be on the BoF. Pleaded "No-Contest" to 7 counts of license violations. He has a history of this, he also pleaded No Contest to Fishing without a Halibut permit in Alaska.

You got any skeletons in the closet Yukon?
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    You got any skeletons in the closet Yukon?
    Nope, my courview record is clean, unlike Dr. Maw. LOL, one post and you are attacking the messenger, classic forum move.

No attack, just a question. I'm glad you've never been caught

No attack, just a question. I'm glad you've never been caught
    "Caught" doing what?

Breaking the law.

Breaking the law.
    Gotcha, you mean breaking the law like Dr. Maw did multiple times.

Yeah, it appears he has. I have broken laws, have you?

Yeah, it appears he has. I have broken laws, have you?
    Yep, I did get a speeding ticket when I was 16. I never claimed to be a resident in a different state and claim to be a resident of another in order to save a few bucks on a license, I am no Ph.D but I am smarter than that. Funny how Judge Johnstone got lambasted for having a house in Arizona (or where ever) but Dr. Maw was getting a free pass on that one. Dr. Maw has an interesting record on courtview.

There's no denying maw has committed some crimes. I'm trying to figure out your motive for continuing to bring it up. It's a done deal, yet you feel the need to continue to try and pick him apart. Classic Yukon.

Kenai
    River
    Slander
    Affiliates
    ôLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.ö ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Kenai
    River
    Slander
    Affiliates
    Dang, I should not have posted, post #11 before KRSA was mentioned, I bet the under at 10 posts! Maw did a good job of "slandering" himself. Don't think it is "slander" if it is true.

It is good to see Dr. Maw held accountable for his actions, at least sort of as he pleaded "no contest" instead of guilty. I am glad we don't have this type of person heading our Fish and Game or on the BoF.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Kenai
    River
    Slander
    Affiliates
    Could we all just stop using Roland Maw as a cudgel to beat each other with? The dude's not a politician anymore. Just another guy dealing with life. Threads like this are like an accident with minor injuries which turns into a huge, dangerous traffic jam due to the rubberneckers.

Let's just let it go.

I do not think Yukon should be hit for posting this. When someone enters the political arena they are subjected to public comment. This should end the discussion and I am sure lots of people wanted to know what had happened - some in this community still think this was a set up of Dr. Maw. This may not be over as Alaska has yet to act or not act on the PFD issues. One thing was obvious in all of this is that the Gov. did not vet Dr. Maw very well.

Next, Dr. Maw did hurt a lot of people with this. Supporters fought for him because he was thought to be well qualified for the BOF . So Dr. Maw will have to make peace with these people and whether they forgive and move on is a personal choice. I am willing to let the consequences of his actions be from the courts and move on. He is not a bad person but has made a huge error in judgement that I hope he takes responsibility for and does not try to make it someone else fault.

I do feel some people feel happy about all of this and Yukon kind of had that tone in his post but I hope he would not see pleasure in this.

What all this really points out is that the BOF selection process is seriously flawed and needs overhaul. Robert Ruffner was rejected for no defensible reason and now the Gov must select someone based on little to no criteria other than they live in Anchorage. I assume he will pick an Anchorage person as the legislature has co-oped the process of selection.

I agree that the Gov did not vet Maw well, and that Maw hurt a lot of people through his actions. IMO the BOF selection process is not nearly as screwed up as the people who have corrupted it and basically made it so nasty that most decent people have no desire to participate.

Yukon has nearly 3,000 posts on this forum and his first post in a month is to dog on Maw....again? What purpose could this possibly serve?

My guess is that this thread was intended to again attempt to paint some of the regulars here as defenders of Maw.... Just like Q's posts are intended to pain many of us with the same broad brush.

Yukon, surely there is something more constructive to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    Dang, I should not have posted, post #11 before KRSA was mentioned, I bet the under at 10 posts! Maw did a good job of "slandering" himself. Don't think it is "slander" if it is true.
    Dang, I shoulda got in on the pool regarding which Kenai River Slander Affiliate member would be sent here by their handlers to continue to kick a man when he's down.
    While the content of the article is true, your sole motivation for posting it is to continue to take shots at someone who's no longer a part of any appointee process. You opt to take pleasure in pointing it out, even as it is no longer relevant to any aspect of the BOF. It's merely piling on for the sake of piling on.

You know, the very "Christian" trait of compassion? Oh, whoops, we're talking the KRSA here, my bad. Please omit both "Christian" & "Compassion" from the conversation. Feel free to replace it with; petty, greedy, corrupt, nepotistic, pederastic, hateful, divisive, self serving, destructive, embarrassing, gluttonous, scandalous, vile, obfuscating, scurrilous, evil, filthy, anti-Alaskan, morally unhinged, circle-jerk, bubba-club, lowest denominator, annnnd bottom feeding. In any or all combinations thereof.
    ôLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.ö ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    http://www.adn.com/article/20150518/...ontana-charges

And this guy wanted to be the director of Fish and Game, after that failed he wanted to be on the BoF. Pleaded "No-Contest" to 7 counts of license violations. He has a history of this, he also pleaded No Contest to Fishing without a Halibut permit in Alaska.
    I know of no one who condones Mr. Maw's actions.

So yukon, maybe you could explain exactly what your point is?...

Why are some here getting down on Yukon for posting the link? I'm glad he did.

I am disgusted at what Maw has done. It is mind-boggling really that someone who voluntarily seeks to be F&G Commish and BOF member, would have this in his background. I'm sorry but it speaks to character. Who cares whether Yukon, me, or anyone else has skeletons in the closet...it isn't about anyone else but Maw and what he has admitted to doing. Sigh,

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Why are some here getting down on Yukon for posting the link? I'm glad he did.

I am disgusted at what Maw has done. It is mind-boggling really that someone who voluntarily seeks to be F&G Commish and BOF member, would have this in his background. I'm sorry but it speaks to character. Who cares whether Yukon, me, or anyone else has skeletons in the closet...it isn't about anyone else but Maw and what he has admitted to doing. Sigh,
    Well, if it was anyone other than yukon, I might agree. If we hadn't beat this horse over and over before, I would agree. And if he had just posted a link, I would agree. But he posted a little more which, when added to his all-too-familiar divisiveness here defending guides and the corrupt sport fishing syndicate, makes it easy to connect the dots.

Bushrat, unfortunately the issue isn't just about Maw. The fish war is so contentious that it is also about those who supported Maw (without knowledge of his wrongdoings), what side of the fish war debate Maw represented, and a chance to trash the opposition when opportunity presents itself. This divisiveness is where yukon thrives.

It would be na´ve to think his post was just an informational post, or that any decent person condones Mr. Maw. I just don't see anything here, unless yukon has a point...

Not as bad as this forums constant drivel about KRSA. I didn't post for about a month and probably won't post much anymore, but reading the posts it is pretty much the same thing, blaming KRSA and calling them names, trashing the opposition when opportunity presents itself. This is divisiveness is where the many members of this forum thrive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast