Thread: Best chance

Default Best chance

Hello everyone. New guy here. My name is Mac. My son in law and daughter are stationed in Anchorage for 5 years. They have been there for 7-8 months now and are loving it. This is awesome for me and my wife cause it gives us a way to finally do some of our dream trips. I am disabled so money is extremely tight. We don't use guides and can do just about anything, just slower then most. We are coming up for 2 weeks this summer to visit and fish. Any advise on a good 2 week time period to maximize our trip would be greatly appreciated. We will be fishing within probably 2 hour excursions from Anchorage and trying to boat up some rivers as well. Thanks in advance for your help and will more than likely become an avid user of this site. By the way we don't care to much about what we will be fishing for. Just want out of town.

Your best two-week window for fishing would probably be July 20-August 4th, or somewhere thereabouts. That will allow you access to Red (sockeye), early Silver (coho), and early Pink (humpy) salmon in addition to dolly varden and rainbow trout. Those dates (possibly aiming one week later) would be my target.

Thanks for the advise. I guess my research was good. We were looking at coming the last week of July.