Thread: I hate it when this happens

Default I hate it when this happens

When you are trying to fineness that nice rainbow on with your fly and a loon swims in and chases it away! Well I didn't hate it this time because I captured it happening underwater!

That's funny😃nice looking rainbows
    Got to look good even in defeat. IMAGE is everything.

thats a awesome video! well done sir!

Under the ice, no less! Wow. Great footage, by the way!
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Nice bows for sure. Can't say that I ever recall seeing such a good sized hooked jaw on a rainbow before......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

What is that at 1:30 at the right of the screen? Muskrat? And then again in the distance at 2:35.

It's a shame that our culture has developed to the point where a word of advice may be taken the wrong way, but here goes:

Perhaps we should be leaving those spawners alone until after they're done with their business? Clearly these are a spawning pair on a redd... it would be nice to give them a chance to reproduce, and then perhaps try for them later in the season?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    It's a shame that our culture has developed to the point where a word of advice may be taken the wrong way, but here goes:

Perhaps we should be leaving those spawners alone until after they're done with their business? Clearly these are a spawning pair on a redd... it would be nice to give them a chance to reproduce, and then perhaps try for them later in the season?

-Mike
    Loons and ice seem to indicate a lake, likely one in the KB complex in palmer. Rainbows cannot successfully spawn in still water, but go through the motions. Trout trying to spawn in still water are most likely stockers, as wild rainbows will find the running water in outlet and inlet streams to spawn in. Nice video!

I left the camera in that spot and let it film till it ran out of batteries, as you can see they were not stressed by the camera. I just wanted to capture it on video, I'm not fishing till after they spawn and they leave the area. I tried to give the same advice to that loon, but he didn't listen to me; what can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post

-Mike

I think sometimes they do make it in this spot because its near a water overflow and sometimes there are good hatch years, probably on higher O2 in the overflow and good survival. It is in a lake, KP complex ....rrriiiggghht
    Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    Loons and ice seem to indicate a lake, likely one in the KB complex in palmer. Rainbows cannot successfully spawn in still water, but go through the motions. Trout trying to spawn in still water are most likely stockers, as wild rainbows will find the running water in outlet and inlet streams to spawn in. Nice video!