Thread: WTB Williams bottom metal

Default WTB Williams bottom metal

I have a pre 64 Featherweight 30-06 and I am looking for a Williams one piece bottom metal for it.

They are only $180 from Williams.

I have one, picked up one of every brand when we were designing ours. I wasn't impressed with the fit and finish, it sure don't look like the one on their website.

Also we put it on a 375 H&H and found it can open under real heavy recoil, that little blob down low acts like a counter weight and stays put for a blink and opens the latch. We altered the pivot point on ours because of this. We plan to sell ours also but are not to that point yet.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

They quit making them. You want to sell the one you have or are you making one that will fit my pre-64 Featherweight 30-06?

They likely stopped because there is more than $180 worth of work in the dang things, it's like six hours of CNC time. Don't want to sell the one I have yet. Yes we are making them and I may be able to hook you up but we are running behind. Let me see where we are at and I'll get back to you.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Sounds good Andy and I appreciate it. I have a local guy doing some upgrading work to the stock. I'm still a blue steel and walnut guy at heart.

They stopped making them???!! I just bought one about a year ago! I really like mine, on a P64 fwt .308 in a McMillan carbon stock. Had it Robar coated and looks and performs great!
    Good luck finding something that works for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was mistaken and they still make them. Got one ordered.

Sweet, you'll like it, spendy but they make a nice piece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the bottom metal and the fit and finish looks great. It will be rust blued and fit to the hand rubbed Teak oil finished wooden stock on my Pre-64 Mod. 70 Featherweight 30-06. It will be a great hunting rifle that I will try and make gut piles with. I'm excited!