Thread: Tent recommendations for spring Farewell buffalo hunt

Default Tent recommendations for spring Farewell buffalo hunt

I've been considering the cabelas Alaskan guide series tents. Is there one out there that any of you would recommend over this style. Thanks for the tips.

I assume you have the March tag? Are you flying in? Snowmachine in? How much weight do you want to bring? All these have to be brought into consideration before a tent recommendation can be made. If it were me, I would be bringing an Arctic Oven with a wood stove.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I'm flying in. The only down fall to the attic tents is they are pricey. However there worth the money just a little out of my price range. The Alaskan series is around $500 and the artic oven is $1500 or so.

I would take a wall tent and wood stove and 2 sleeping bags. It can be -35 there in march.

Quote Originally Posted by chinookee2004 View Post
    I would take a wall tent and wood stove and 2 sleeping bags. It can be -35 there in march.
    I agree. I wouldn't be heading out there without a tent capable of using a wood stove. There is nothing wrong with a Cabelas guide tent, but you give up the height to stand up and the stove option.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

If it's a one time deal, why don't you rent an arctic oven? I've seen a guy on Craig's list that advertises them. Or buy one and sell it after the hunt for a few hundred bucks less. Good luck
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Mjm316 do you the name of person or place that rents the artic oven tents or any other style of tent that I can use a wood stove in.

Horst Expediting does large camps up north but they just posted photos on their Facebook page of an Oven they rented to someone for a bear hunt on Kodiak - they also transported the hunters' gear.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Quote Originally Posted by AKmountaineer View Post
    Mjm316 do you the name of person or place that rents the artic oven tents or any other style of tent that I can use a wood stove in.
    PM sent. Not sure on the stove. You will need to ask. Good luck
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway