Thread: small trailer tires?

Default small trailer tires?

I have a single axle trailer that has 13" tires on it. Would ultimately like to put 14's on it but don't know if I have the clearance. That said is there anyone who still puts tires on rims for these? The tires that are on it are on the galv. rims, & the spare is the white rim. Is it worth keeping the galv. rims or are the whole things just basically disposable after a year or two?

Could be because we live on the coast, but every tire shop in town does the work and sell the tires.

First if you go with 14in. tires you will have to have new wheels also.To check for clearance go by a place like Six Robblees and measure a 14in. tire and wheel .When you measure from the ground up with the measurement that you got off of the loose tire and wheel half of that measurement will go on the bottom when the wheel is mounted so don't take that measurement as where it will be in the fender.

I doubt the 14's will fit your fender wells on the trailer. Mine won't. I've never had trouble getting any tires mounted anywhere on the 13 inch rims.
    I've noticed the last few years that the tire w rim is often being sold for about the same price as just the tire.
    My trailer w 13 inch rims has been across America a few times and functioned great. I would just be sure you get tires that are rated as "d", rather than the "c's". They are much longer lasting, tougher tires. The kind of rims matters not, in my opinion.
    A big consideration for larger tires would obviously be the size of your boat or load you're hauling around.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Where you able to get a Load range D tire in a 13" ??

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    Where you able to get a Load range D tire in a 13" ??
    Where or were? Either way, yes we got 13" d range tires at Alyeska Tires in Soldotna before. Also other places.
    The difference in rock tire punctures between the two is highly noticeable.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!