Thread: Any action in 20A or 20B yet?

Default Any action in 20A or 20B yet?

I've had bait out for a week now. No takers as of yet. Anybody seeing bears on bait yet? Seems like it's about that time but it's my first year baiting up here. Any feedback is appreciated.

First post here too. Glad to be part of the community!
    Shoot straight!

DG

Got bait in last tuesday and finally made it back this morning to an empty barrel. Place lookes to be hit hard! Getting the trail cam out saturday so hope to have some pics to share soon. This is in 20B.

Yes they are out, have lots of scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headed back out this afternoon with some baitem907 anise scent. Cameras are out, hoping to have some pics to look at. Looks too perfect not to have bears. Lots of stink out there along with a barrel of molasses and barley. Gotta just be a matter of time.

Shoot straight

So I put my barrel out in 20B with dog food, popcorn, anise syrup, sprayed vanilla and water mix around, and some chicken carcass. Something besides birds enjoyed some of the chicken and maybe hit the dog food popcorn, syrup mix. But true to my luck of striking out for the last four years on every species of big game up here, the dang camera didn't snap a single photo until I was swapping out memory cards tonight! Hope y'all are having better luck. I put some more bait out so we'll see, but at this point it's probably too late to find another spot.

It's not to late, but why give up on your location? The bear in my picture barley ate any food and then didn't come back for a week. Just give it time, season is only gonna get better.

Well I don't even know if its a good spot. I seen one set of tracks heading out of the valley two weeks ago. It's about a tenth of a mile from a stream in some timber. Last year I was in an area that a friend said had produced a lot of bear but nothing ever came close. I am just taking a stab in the dark at this. It's been twenty years since they allowed baiting in Oregon and I didn't hunt bear till I moved up here.

Just my 2 cents- I'd throw a 907 baitem scent ball up, that will get the scent out there a long ways.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Keep in mind, it's only May 22. Of the 10 or so blackies I've killed, only 1 has been in the month of May...and of the countless trailcam pics I have of my baitsites, I only have pics of 2 different bears that were taken before June 1.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Took my very first bear on Thursday and it was also my first Alaska big game animal as well. Write up and picture to come. Also have 2 bigger ones hitting the stand.

I got my first hit on the 24th, It was a light hit and he only tripped one picture but I am going back out this weekend to see if he came back and was a little more photogenic. He did leave me a nice pile of poop behind the barrel.

Well pulled the barrel from both bait stations with zero hits. Hope ya'll had better luck than me. Maybe year number three I will get it right.