Thread: Honda 50/35 Jet Questions

Default Honda 50/35 Jet Questions

Which impeller works best for a Honda 50/35? Running an aluminum 3 blade now. It performs okay, just looking to squeak all I can out of this thing.

What difference am I going to see with a 3 blade or 4 blade stainless? I've read the 4 blades only work well with higher hp engines. Saw they make a 3 blade stainless now.

What about liners? Stick with aluminum?UHMW?

Can I run a larger impeller? Have a 6 1/8 now.

Thanks

4 blade stainless will move more water, last much longer between sharpenings, and generally tougher. Worth it for the the last 2 features alone. It will be the only blade you will need to buy for a loooong time.
    The umhw is nice but not necessary. You will wear out sleeves as its the softer material against the stainless impeller.
    As for larger nozzle, not sure as that usually requires hp to move larger volumes of water.
    Good Q for Glen at Wooldridge though....
    Bk

Ps - Learn how to sharpen them, instructions on web, if you don't know already.
    Carry a spare set of shims, nut , and key so you won't panic when you drop any of them in the river.

Per a recent conversation at a boat shop in Fairbanks.... heard that the benefits of a 4 blade stainless are not really noticeable until you get up past 100 hp at the head.

This is what I heard from others and I don't have any first hand experience. I just picked up a 115/80 outboard and am going to break it in with the factory 3 blade and then if I feel the need, I am going to switch to 4 blade later this summer.

Thanks, I'll probably just keep running the aluminum.

[QUOTE=kgrant;1480001]Which impeller works best for a Honda 50/35? Running an aluminum 3 blade now. It performs okay, just looking to squeak all I can out of this thing.

What difference am I going to see with a 3 blade or 4 blade stainless? I've read the 4 blades only work well with higher hp engines.

On a 50 hp with a new 6 1/8 alum3 blade impeller if the motor only has a top RPM in the low 5's a 4 blade stainless would not help load hauling or speed. But all motor's are not created equal some make more power, if you have a top RPM with a new alum 6 1/8 3 blade of around 5600 a 4 blade stainless will lower your RPM some and haul a larger load. Glen

I'll hook up a tach and check my RPM, thanks Glen.