Thread: Electradyne install

Default Electradyne install

I have not posted in quite awhile but I finally got around to replacing my last Ocean Pro with a 24 foot Pacific Explorer. I have made quite a few upgrades over the winter so I thought I would start posting a few. I can't begin to state how much I have learned and benefited from the many contributors on this site. This is my third electradyne, one on each of the three boats I have had. I appreciate input from potbuilder regarding placement considerations and AKMUD for fabricating the mount and crane. The crane isn't completely finished but I want to start hitting the water this weekend so the rest can wait.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice, potbuiler has a bit of experience and his advice is truly appreciated.
    Good luck next weekend!
    Bk

Nice install... Can't wait to see more of your upgrades.

Default House battery

Added a house battery and a add a battery kit from Blue Seas. In the process I stripped out most of the electrical and reworked with proper routing and breakers. The house battery consists of two 6 volt batteries 250 amps wired in series. I am looking forward not not worrying as much about the batteries while using the puller and other accessories. I have not come up with a way to secure it yet but the Honda eu200 fits nicely next to the batteries.

yanert, if I recall correctly, didn't you stretch you boat by 4 feet. If so, I enjoyed the pictures and your davit/crane.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job Dave on the wiring and that hauler/davit looks like a nice clean simple install can't wait to hear how its all going to work for you. Get yourself a aluminum tray sort of like a shoe box lid and pop rivit it to the ribs next to the batts to hold the honda on, just run a strap thru the handle to hold it in place.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Thanks Steve. I was running short on time and did not have a crimper for #2 or #4 wire so after stripping out the original wiring for the battery and pumps and bilge, getting an aluminum plate from akmud for a mounting plate, I took the parts to Brett at Polar Marine. He actually did most of the battery wiring that I did not have the ability to handle as well as mounting the accessories as requested. I was able to finish up the smaller accessories such as lights, pumps, etc. In the picture there are still a few loose ends that we're not completed but I did not have another picture handy. When I first called Bret, I think he thought I was in over my head but realizing I had things pretty well figured out, he was quick to listen and gots things configured as requested. I did not originally plan to rewire the boat but the original job was such a mess I just could not stop and got Carried away. I appreciate that Brett took my project on short notice. One thing is for sure, sometimes it is worth paying someone else I order to have time to get back on the water.

How did the ED mounted like this work for you? I am in the design stage - and this is the best installation, to my liking, that I have found. I am going to copy you.......

Quote Originally Posted by lattitude View Post
    The house battery consists of two 6 volt batteries 250 amps wired in series. I am looking forward not not worrying as much about the batteries while using the puller and other accessories.
    When it comes to the amount of amperes available, the Devil is in the details.

When the batteries are new you will have a 125A of useable current not 250A assuming a 50% discharge. Discharging a battery more than 50% will have a major effect on battery life. After a few months unless the battery are charge per manufacture specification the max usable current will be around 100A or less. It is possible to restore most of the amperage lost by using a three stage smart charger design for the battery.

As long as current drain is less than 100A and the batteries recharged to 100% with in a couple of days the batteries will last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    How did the ED mounted like this work for you? I am in the design stage - and this is the best installation, to my liking, that I have found. I am going to copy you.......
    Bullelkklr PM sent

I rec'd your PM. I'll give you a call this weekend.
    randy