Thread: Whittier boat washing station gone (well, sort of...)

Default Whittier boat washing station gone (well, sort of...)

If you haven't been to Whittier yet this season, and are used to using the wash-down area, it is currently unavailable. Judging from the huge area of the lot taken up with construction equipment, I doubt it will be available at all this summer. We took our boat down for the season yesterday and were unpleasantly surprised. As we don't have the luxury of trailering our boat home after every trip, we rely on a decent wash rack to flush the engine and wash the boat down after each outing.

They put a "temporary" system in front of the Lazy Otter consisting of a single hose right at the top of the ramp. That setup will not work at all during heavy traffic, as it will only further congest the launch area.

I'd complain, but it would not do any good. Instead, I offer this info as a "heads-up" for those who typically rely on the wash down area.

If any of you have any ideas for a better option for those who leave their boats on trailers down there, I'd love to hear them.

Big thread over in saltwater fishing on this one Dave.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Man, I wish I had a water truck. Just drive through the lot flushing/rinsing people's boats. What would you guys be willing to pay?
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Do like we always did for years racing bikes. 55 gal drum in the back of the truck and a powerwasher. Gravity feed the water to the washer. Works great and no waiting in lines. Get done spraying it down and hook the hose to the ears and run the motors. 55 gals would do atleast a couple of boats.

Greet idea, that will really get the gate keepers at the tunnel pinging off the wall with a large jug of water in the back of the truck. I wish I was going to be home this summer to watch.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Wash station is suppose to be up and running by the Fourth of July weekend. All of the "stuff" in front of the Harbor Master building should be moved by then.