Thread: Wooldridge Classics? with Deeper V?

Default Wooldridge Classics? with Deeper V?

I have been looking at Wooldridge Classics for sale recently and am curious if you can tell if the boat is a deeper v model or a normal classic model (the difference may be sutble, also maybe higher sides are an indication some classics look like they have low freeboard in the stern compared to others). I am looking for possible use around Juneau with 50% river time 50% salt time. Some owners know their boats are deeper v versions while other sellers don't know.

I think a great boat could be a 22' or more with the deeper v the wider bottom, UHMW bottom, and possibly a sportjet, or do you have to have a V8, and a hard top and bulkhead.

Has anybody ever put UHMW on a a Classic? Are the older Classics with a 460 and three stage Hamiltons dogs?

I have seem some boats in fair condition for $12-15 and some primo rigs for $22-25k.

Sobie2

I use to have the classic with the deeper V and high sides had a 460 with the Hamilton ran great didn't consider it a dog like any jet keep the impellers up. Ended it selling it to get the SJX with 200 sportjet
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

I don't think you will find any of then deeper v, wider bottom versions until you get to about the 2000 model year. Same with the freeboard. I have yet to see a newer style Classic for sale in Ak, and I have looked. Wait, I lied. There was a Green Classic wide body deeper v, 21', for sale a few years ago. I wish I had bought it. 5.7/212 combo. Rare. I don't think they are the best candidate for a SJ. Better all around, load hauler than a super skinny water rig. And really, unless you really want a rig only for super shallow waters, a V8 rig is the way to go. The old 3 stage pumps are not dogs by any stretch, they just aren't a 212. Hence the lower prices. If you find one you like and are in doubt, send the image to Wooldridge and they'll give you the low down.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Great insight thanks guys!

Sobie2

Default used 22 Classic

https://boise.craigslist.org/boa/4979431328.html
    looks like this 22 deeper v was lost in time. I believe it was stored in a dark barn for all these years.