Thread: 2015

Smile 2015

Okay am i missing something? Its halfway through 2015 and the only trophy pic thread is 2014. Spring bear pics? I know of several harvested.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

No kidding - seems like folks are too busy P'n and Moaning about resident vs non-resident, guides vs residents, blah, blah ):

Quote Originally Posted by jpost View Post
    No kidding - seems like folks are too busy P'n and Moaning about resident vs non-resident, guides vs residents, blah, blah ):
    That's because most the doers and next level hunters left and went over to the rokslide forum, including two of the best mods!...only thing left is the P'n and moaners seen it happen with the 24 hour campfire forum and others! The guys who get out and do the most, say the lease, not judging anyone, just an observation!
    "Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous" ~ Reinhold Messner

I've taken enough black bears in my life, but I still enjoy the heck out of getting out there every year. I took a friend of mine, who has some mobility challenges, and we spent four days black bear hunting in a drainage where I have hunted them on the mountainsides for many years. Water levels made it challenging to access this year, but we worked hard and made it in the canoe. Saw a dozen bears total...pretty sure we didn't double count from day to day. 5 were sows with cubs. Two were rolly-polly hogs. We would have taken one of them, but each was way too high and in a really tough place to get them, so we passed. Had two down low in shootable/retrieveable range, but they looked like pointy-faced cubless sows, so we passed on those as well. Nonetheless it was great being out, and we didin't see another person the whole time...a bonus that is never taken for granted by me.

Why the heck would anyone want to post any pics when you get the armchair trooper to criticize every step of your hunt? Not saying I don't like the posts with pics but too many people on here to pick everything apart that a guy did.
    +1 for rokslide
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by ramhunter View Post
    That's because most the doers and next level hunters left and went over to the rokslide forum, including two of the best mods!...only thing left is the P'n and moaners seen it happen with the 24 hour campfire forum and others! The guys who get out and do the most, say the lease, not judging anyone, just an observation!
    Which two mods?