Thread: BRS Outdoor Ultralight Cot

Default BRS Outdoor Ultralight Cot

I needed something better than a sleeping mat on the ground for out at hunting camp. Carry weight and size have always prevented us from bringing cots to camp. I had been looking at Cascade Designs Therm-a-Rest LuxuryLite Ultra-light Cots but at around $200, I had been passing on those.

By chance while looking for a used one on Ebay, I found out about MC1 ultra-light cots from BRS Outdoor. You can find them on both Amazon and Ebay. They are made in China just as the Therm-a-Rest models are. I took my chances and paid $86 (no shipping fee) for one on Ebay and happily report that mine arrived in the mail today after only a couple of weeks. I find that it is easier to get stuff shipped from China than it is to get Amazon to deliver to Alaska!

After I tossed out the Chinese instructions and found several videos on YouTube explaining set up, I assembled mine. I have to say that I am impressed at how sturdy and firm the cot is. It doesn't sag like other cots under my 250 lb weight. It will get me off of the roots everywhere where we hunt.

Thanks for the info. Do you know exactly what it weights, and did you get the regular length or the extended length (assuming they offer both, like the therm-a-rest version)?

I only see one size being offered. It weighs under 4 lbs.