Thread: How to get some household stuff from Fairbanks to Colorado?

Default How to get some household stuff from Fairbanks to Colorado?

Hi all,

I'm not leaving AK, but trying to help a friend who is. Trying to figure out her options for moving her household goods from Fairbanks to Colorado. She doesn't have enough to fill a whole trailer, I think the total amount of stuff, volume-wise will be no more than 10x10, and likely smaller than that. It doesn't seem cost effective to drive it myself or to rent a truck to do so, but so far those are the only options I've come up with to get her moved this summer. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Also if you have a guesstimate on cost that would be great too!

Thanks in advance,

bairdi

Check with UHaul as they have different sized ply wood shipping containers, up pack and they ship. Saw them sitting at the big UHaul dealer on the Kenai Spur the other day. Would think Fairbanks would also have them. No ides on cost.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Yeah I checked on those shipping containers that Uhaul has. 1 ubox container is 8'x5'x7'6". Their website quoted a price of $3,655 to get it from Fairbanks to Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi View Post
    Hi all,

I'm not leaving AK, but trying to help a friend who is. Trying to figure out her options for moving her household goods from Fairbanks to Colorado. She doesn't have enough to fill a whole trailer, I think the total amount of stuff, volume-wise will be no more than 10x10, and likely smaller than that. It doesn't seem cost effective to drive it myself or to rent a truck to do so, but so far those are the only options I've come up with to get her moved this summer. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Also if you have a guesstimate on cost that would be great too!

Thanks in advance,

bairdi
    Can she place in totes and use USPS? Other idea is to take stuff apart and mail in smaller boxes...or advertise to see if anyone else is moving to Colorado. There has to be someone on base PCSing that way...