Thread: Feeder Kings around POW?

Default Feeder Kings around POW?

Our group usually comes up in mid September for Coho action in the rivers and bays around POW. Last couple of years have been a solo trip for me but now my partners want to go again. They've been out of fish for 2 years and the wives have given the nod to go.

So we're working up a trip with our Lodge owner this time right at the end of August. I realize, of course, the King season is long over but the feeders continue there year round.

My question being, will the feeder Kings be worth targeting and if so would they even make the minimum size of over 28"? Or just target the Coho and Halibut, plus a rockfish or two and not even bother with a King Stamp?

270ti- hope you sound off, we're planning this trip with Chuck, though it is pretty much post season for KFC&L.

Steve

Go out to Warren Island, fish about 200 yards off shore, we mooch down to the bottom, then raise it about 10 feet, jig, another 10 feet at a time till we get to the surface. catch halibut on the bottom, rock or ling then salmon on the way up.

Well ...it turns out to be a moot post. Our charter guide could not change his hunt schedule up north above the Brooks range ....so it's " Plan B" for me.