Thread: Shimano Beast Master 9000

Default Shimano Beast Master 9000

I'm seriously considering the Shimano Beast Master 9000 e-reel for deep drops, looking for some feedback. They retail for around $1699.00 but are all over EBay for about $500 less. The EBay reels are sold as new and ship directly from Japan with English menus so donít see any downside here. Impressive specs, seems like a robust powerful reel capable of handling heavy weighted drops, what you would need in 1500 to 2000 feet of water.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Well, I went a different route for alot less money. Bought a Daiwa Tanacom 750 for my girlfriend to use deep dropping up there this year, spooled with 65# braid. The reel was $549 brand new. I figure that ought to be plenty of line capacity & strength in case we get something BIG on it at 1,600 feet.

You'll surely see a post from me in August about my experiences with it. Curious to know how the Shimano works out for ya.

I've ordered two Miya Epoch Command CX-4HP from Japan (thru ebay) and they are pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by codhead View Post
    I've ordered two Miya Epoch Command CX-4HP from Japan (thru ebay) and they are pretty impressive.
    And then there's that, I'll have to buy 2 of whatever reel I decide on. If I only get one I'll be the only one fishing at least on the deep drops.