Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Black Bear Contest

Sponsor

Default Big Black Bear Contest

Hey guys and gals. We would like to invite everyone to enter our Big Black Bear Contest. It is open to all ages and means of harvesting. The main purpose of this is to have fun and meet new people, but also to increase foot traffic in the shop. Please come in to the store to sign up and see the full list of rules. I will try to post them later.

SEARCHERY.png

Ive not been to your store. Whats the address in Wasilla?

Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by zfisher View Post
    Ive not been to your store. Whats the address in Wasilla?
    200 Park Avenue
    Wasilla, AK

Sponsor

What do you guys think? Good idea, bad? I've already had a few guys in complaining about giving away a Mathews and not another Brand. We're just trying to do the best we can with what we have. Any feedback?

I wouldnt worry to much about people complaining about brands. A new bow is better than nothing and beggars can't be choosers. Besides, if they don't like it I'm sure they could easily sell it to get the namebrand that makes them feel superior over everyone else. In my opinion its a good thing your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Screaming Eagle View Post
    What do you guys think? Good idea, bad? I've already had a few guys in complaining about giving away a Mathews and not another Brand. We're just trying to do the best we can with what we have. Any feedback?
    Are you kidding? You are giving away a bow, simply because someone happens to shoot a big bear and show it off with you. If they complain about the prize, they can be respectfully asked not to participate! Or save a little breath, and write a little sign that says "Never look a gift horse in the mouth." You guys are great, and doing a great thing for this little hunting community! good work

Sponsor

Thanks Guys!! Just thought I'd ask. We've been talking about doing this for 2 years now and finally got everything lined up. Let's have some fun and hope to see you in the shop.

Chris

Sponsor

any dead bears yet?

Talking

Yep, just not a black bear...

Some people would complain no matter what was the prize! Unless you wanted to give away a store certificate worth 'x' amount instead- don't stress about it.

I like the idea. Keep doing what you are doing.

Sponsor

Thanks Guys!
    Only 2 bears have been brought in so far.

Some people would complain if they got a million dollars that it wasn't all in twenty dollar bills and who wouldn't want a brand new Mathews
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

So when does this end, is it only a spring hunt or does it get into the fall. Also can we register over the phone or do I have to come in. I'd like to get in on this but I'm all the way in down in Sterling. I'd be happy to bring one in to score it though.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sponsor

Black bears were to be harvested on or before June 30th, 2015. So, just spring bears or baited bears so to say. If you did take the bear before June 30th you can call in to register or come to the shop before July 22. All entries must be scored by July 22, 7pm.

Sponsor

We've only had 9 bears entered in this contest! I have had a lot of donations from taxidermy shops and the like. If we don't have more bears show up in the next week, many of these entries will receive multiple prizes. We were happy with our first year trying this as there were over 30 people pre-registered, but had less than 10 measured.

Well the only bears I got this year were with a rifle. Are you going to be doing it again next year? I'll bet the longer it goes the more participation there will be.

Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Well the only bears I got this year were with a rifle. Are you going to be doing it again next year? I'll bet the longer it goes the more participation there will be.

It doesn't matter what method the bear was taken with. We wanted to involve everyone!! Bow, rifle, shotgun, pistol, slingshot, it doesn't matter!! Bring them in.

Now I'm REALLY bummed I didn't connect with a bear this spring!!
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

Sponsor

We had a lot of fun with it this year and are looking forward to making this a yearly event, hopefully bigger and better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast