Thread: Valley lakes

Default Valley lakes

I have been here for about 2 years but a major accident has prevented me from fishing fresh water until recently. I grew up in California but spent close to theast ten years in Texas fishing. My kids want to fish and I want to get them hooked up but don't know what to do. Please give me some advise for setups.

Thanks

What are you asking, boat, bait, gear, tackle, locations, lakes, advice, etc.....?
    Be specific. How old are your kids, what is your goal, summer or winter fishing, and so forth.
    Bk

Sorry about that. We are shore fishing, they are 12 and 14. Finger lake , cottonwood, places around the Valley that would be a possible high hookup rate. Tackle and bait suggestions. Thanks

Right now, ice out that is, use eggs under a bobber or an egg pattern on a light fly rod.
    They are cruising the shorelines.
    People have been catching the big spawners right off the dock in the launch area at finger for over a week, since the ice first opened.

Also check out kepler bradley lakes. Big lake just opened up as well as Nancy lake.....as in yesterday it was finally ice free.
    Don't wait as its a short time period that these fish ae cruising i the shallows like this.

Light tackle will work great, 6,8,10 lb test. Really anything you have will work.

Post pics of your kids success please.
    Bk

haven't had any luck yet but no that school is out we will be going a whol;e lot more.