Thread: Priceless!

Default Priceless!

http://www.adn.com/article/20150505/...hood-show-hope

Ahh, When the wonderful worlds of politics and management collide. Bears are smart, resourceful animals. Further evidence that dumping bears who've decided they love eating garbage into prime bear habitat in the wilderness is poor management. Moving them away from garbage and people won't cause them to returnt to their old life of scrounging for grass and bugs to survive. Ohhh no, not if they can wander about for a bit and find twinkies and leftover pizza!

Bring them to unit two or three we will take them and happy to have them.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Are they still good to eat after being drugged? Some bear baiter could wind up with some expensive bear meat if theyre edible. Anybody with some common sense on habituated garbage bears could see this coming.

A few years ago they put a GPS on a black bear in Anchorage, and it crossed Turnagain Arm from Indian to Hope. Would be interesting if these bears came back to Anchorage.

Maybe there will be enough dirty backpackers on the Res Trail to keep them fed for the summer (with their garbage of course.)

I think the sow has already been moved and came back..Great use of public tax money. F'ing tree huggers should go with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    I think the sow has already been moved and came back..Great use of public tax money. F'ing tree huggers should go with them.
    I'm not sure that sow had been moved before, but I know the sow with the cubs that were killed in Anchorage last summer had been moved the previous year and came back. On top of it being a huge waste of money, it also means those bears continue to be a hazard/danger to those in their path that entire time. They still have the habits of a "problem bear" which can put others in danger. Easier for unsuspecting people to approach close to and habits that bring them closer to human populations than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    As a tree hugger, I don't know what this has to do with tree huggers.

I agree that this was dumb, but I'm not sure that this is the sort of thing that many true environmentalists advocate for, even a few of the more na´ve ones don't understand why it's such a bad idea. I would bet that support for such relocation correlates more closely with affinity for American Idol than activity in support of environmental causes.

I've been wrong before.

I think he meant bleeding heart liberal, bunny hugging, peta loving types.

If you read the comments in the ADN whenever there is a story about someone killing a bear or snaring a wolf, it becomes pretty clear who he is talking about.

Full disclosure, I hug lots of trees too....while climbing up them to kill moose....