Thread: Where to buy fishing license

Default Where to buy fishing license

My wife and I will be on a cruise later in the year that will visit Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway and I plan on fishing (not guided) in each of these ports so I will go ahead and buy my license online but my wife will probably not fish all of these ports so we intend to buy her a day license in the ports she fishes. What I would like some help on is where would be the closest store to the cruise docks in these three places that sells non resident fishing license?

Your help would be appreciated.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    My wife and I will be on a cruise later in the year that will visit Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway and I plan on fishing (not guided) in each of these ports so I will go ahead and buy my license online but my wife will probably not fish all of these ports so we intend to buy her a day license in the ports she fishes. What I would like some help on is where would be the closest store to the cruise docks in these three places that sells non resident fishing license?

Your help would be appreciated.

Charlie
    Not sure how long your cruise is but, a 7 day non resident is $55 vs. a 1 day for $20. I'm sure $55 is a drop in the bucket compared to the cruise and excursions that are offered.

Here are the prices: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...license.prices

Have fun!
    www.surfishingalaska.com (Work in Progress)

If the ship has internet and printer, you can purchase the license online and print it out onboard.

https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/Store/

Charlie--- in SKG go to the hardware store on 4th and Broadway. My gfs family runs the joint. Smokie or Joe will get you set up. If you can go with Joe Warchuck of Fat Salmon Fishing charters. He actually can get you set up right there on the boat with licensing so you don't have to worry about going into town. Want some good local tips about town feel free to hit me up.

Hope this helps.

Can't shoot 'em where they ain't.

Thanks everybody for the information. Hope all of you have a great fishing season.

Charlie