Picked an old Wooldridge Alaskan 17.5. Bottom and welds are all in great shape and I figured this would be be an awesome boat if I gave it some TLC.
Here is the plan:
- Drop the old motor and I have a brand new Mercury 115/80 Jet I'm installing
- Install Merc Smartcraft gauge
- Planning on replacing the floors because they are pretty soft
- Replace all the wiring to/from batteries to motor and console
- 4 blade stainless impeller from Wooldridge
- Replacing passenger window
- Will probably need to do some repairs on the canvas top
- Probably re-pack the bearings on the trailer.
I am kind of a mechanical idiot and I am sure I'll have some questions... here is the first round:
- How can I clean out fuel tank? Or can I just suck it dry and then install new Racor fuel filter?
- Do anyone know where the flotation foam is in this boat? Does it have a tendency to soak up water?
She aint pretty, but here she is: