Thread: Peter's Creek Fishing (Chugach State Park)

Default Peter's Creek Fishing (Chugach State Park)

Doing some research for the site and have run into a dead end. Anyone out there know about fishing opportunities in Peter's Creek? I'm not talking about the one out near Petersville, but the one that comes out of Chugach State Park.

I'm looking for species availability and such.

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

It's open year round to salmon fishing (excluding kings) from its mouth upstream to the Glenn highway. Regs are on page 52 in the book.
    Lots of people show up to fish for silvers at the mouth when they're running.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillagorilla View Post
    It's open year round to salmon fishing (excluding kings) from its mouth upstream to the Glenn highway. Regs are on page 52 in the book.
    Lots of people show up to fish for silvers at the mouth when they're running.
    Thank you. Yes, I am aware of the regulations. Sometimes species are available that are not mentioned in the regulation booklet, and there's not a lot in print on that particular creek.

I did come into some information that got me where I needed to go on this question. Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Never fished it, but if there are silvers (and possibly other salmon species) present, shouldn't there be some dollies there, too?

From the ADF&G (AFFI) Looks like kings, coho, and pinks are present. They don't show dolly varden present, but I've caught a bunch of them there in the past. I've caught coho here as well.

Interactive maps

1. From the ADF&G homepage, put your cursor on“Lands & Waters”, but do not click the mouse.
    2. Beneath “Lands & Waters” you will see “Maps& GIS” move the cursor here, but do not click the mouse.
    3. There will be a drop down list under “Maps & GIS” click on “Interactive maps”.
    4. Click on “Freshwater Fish Inventory” and afterwards click on “Start Mapping”.
    5. Zoom in to your preferred area. To look for specific species of fish click on the “AWC Species” and choose your species.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Never fished it, but if there are silvers (and possibly other salmon species) present, shouldn't there be some dollies there, too?
    There are.

The new section is mostly finished. HERE'S THE LINK to it. It includes the following sections:

ANCHORAGE URBAN FISHERY
    : lakes and streams in Anchorage itself, and on JBER. This page is under construction and should be done this week or early next week.

NORTH AND SOUTH OF TOWN: Lakes and streams in the Anchorage Management Area starting at Eklutna and south to Ingram Creek, exclusive of JBER and the Anchorage Bowl. This page is live on the site now.

ANCHORAGE AS A BASE CAMP: Includes drive-out and fly-out fisheries available by those using Anchorage as a base of operations. Some of these are day trips and some longer. These areas will be discussed in detail as we finish the other sections of the state. This page is live on the site now.

I welcome any additions, corrections or suggestions for improvement, as long as they are of a constructive nature. I have tried to be careful to avoid revealing a lot of secrets in this section, by including areas already commonly known. That said, there just is not a lot online about some of these places, so I think the information will be useful for those using digital resources.

Developing this kind of content takes a lot of time, and I am looking at some creative ways to get it to pay for itself. For now, it's available to everyone, but that may not always be the case, as we look for new ways to pay the bills here.

-Mike

It's been many, many, MANY years since I've fished it, but my experiences mirror what FishGod stated. It's not what I'd call a red hot fishery, but for a part of a day diversion, it certainly don't suck.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."