Thread: big su/yentna rivers

Default big su/yentna rivers

For those who are interested I was out flying on Sunday from the landing to the mouth of the yentna and up to Lake creek.
    Everything is open but really low water. There is quite a bit of ice flowing down the big su and some large logs. The yentna was almost completely free of ice although some of the sand bars are packed with ice that will let loose once the water level increases. Mostly above yentna station. There is no water in any of the side channels or slus. The main channel only and I did notice a few new sand bars where there were none before in years past. So pay attention as things may have changed a bit. Did see 2 bears out walking the sand bars. Can't wait to get back to the cabin this week.

Thanks for the update.

is this "opening" earlier than normal ? temps been in the high 50's for the last week here...leaves are coming out !
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Breakup was a day earlier last year at least from what I remember. I was standing at the landing on May 1st and there was very little ice flowing, and plenty of water.

We ran out of Deshka today and up the Yentna. The rivers are low but it's completely doable. We took our 2072 Sea Ark with an outboard jet.

Big su pretty much ice free a 4pm this afternoon whren we were running it.
    Bk

Deshka landing to just south of the Yentna yesterday...good water, no sweat anywhere that i could see....
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow