Thread: Boat wiring mess

Default Boat wiring mess

Does anyone know or can suggest a person or company that can put an electrical junction box or something to consolidate boat wiring? I have about 8-10 wires going to my positive post and several going to my negative post woul like to get it organized and cleaned up. Thanks

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by gman_59 View Post
    Does anyone know or can suggest a person or company that can put an electrical junction box or something to consolidate boat wiring? I have about 8-10 wires going to my positive post and several going to my negative post woul like to get it organized and cleaned up. Thanks
    Just put in two busses, one for pos, one for neg. Connect all those wires to the appropriate buss, and a single lead from each battery post to the appropriate buss and you're done. It's an easy project.

west marine has all of the parts and pieces (not cheap). Get your butt splices and heat shrink (with glue in it) from polar wire. You can use brady labels and clear heat shrink to label each connection unless you have a wire making label printer.

If you want the whole thing rewired I think Polar Marine does that sort of thing,but it will be expensive.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

It's a piece of cake, no multiple wiring should be coming off the battery(s). Also get rid of as many fuses as you possibly can (replace with circuit breakers) go with the recommended larger/heavier gauge wiring and use quality heat shrink components as stated.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

Polar wire has bus bars in stock also, the best deal on electrical supplies is to order from wayetek, they have an online catalog and have everything you could dream of priced much lower than anyone local.

Quote Originally Posted by akgravelpumper View Post
    Polar wire has bus bars in stock also, the best deal on electrical supplies is to order from wayetek, they have an online catalog and have everything you could dream of priced much lower than anyone local.
    I notice they [ wayetek] don't ship USPS, so how are the prices with the high cost of UPS or FEDEX?
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Still unbeatable if you are ordering enough, won't pay for one or two items but prices are almost half of local on many things

I'm local to Polar Wire so, as others have said, it's hard to beat their quality or price. If you must ship, check out: https://www.genuinedealz.com/
    They sell high grade stuff and ship free. Also check out their Ebay store as they often have even better deals there than on their website for the same merchandise.