Thread: Replacing floor in my 22" searunner

Default Replacing floor in my 22" searunner

Fabric torn and wood water logged; thinking of going aluminum or something composite. The wood I pulled out was about 1/2 thick. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to improve performance boat seemed sluggish I believe water logged wood didn't help. Thanks

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by gman_59 View Post
    Fabric torn and wood water logged; thinking of going aluminum or something composite. The wood I pulled out was about 1/2 thick. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to improve performance boat seemed sluggish I believe water logged wood didn't help. Thanks
    Check the foam under the floor, that's most likely water logged as well.

3/16" diamond plate aluminum works good to replace the wood/vinyl floor. Make a sketch & you can have it cut to size @ Ak Steel then be sure to replace the foam under the floor when you have it up - it will be wet, heavy & real fragrant! You can seal the edges & screws with SikaFlex from SBS & it shouldn't come up.
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

Beg to differ on the waterlogged foam consensus. I replaced the that same vinyl covered soaked plywood deck on my '99 Hewes 24'. Hardly had to shave any wet foam out of of there. Boat spent it's entire life outside and uncovered. Pleasantly surprised. Boat has 3200 hrs on it and I use it commercially as a water taxi. I replaced the deck with AC 3/4" untreated ply. Do not use treated plywood, it can react with aluminum. I had MGH55 encapsulate all sides & edges with Speedliner. It's holding up fantastic with heavy use and gear being thrown on it 7 days a week during the summer months. Cheaper, quieter, not heavy. Best bang for the buck for me. I took my time and scribe fit the edges where it met the hull and tooled Sikaflex 291 (it's a fast cure) sealant so there was no place for water to seep around the edges.
    Come down and see it.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978