Thread: ISO Sako Optilock screws

Default ISO Sako Optilock screws

While torqueing down my new scope ring to 25 in/lbs, one of the screw's heads snapped off. Anyone know where I can get one? Sako's website is useless. Also, whats the best way to get the remaining stud out?

Thanks,

Great northern guns may have spares. E.

That really stinks. Can you put the ring in a vice and drill out the screw from the other side and then tap it? I did some Googling and found this PDF which recommends 15-17 in pounds for those rings.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...jMTY8IUWKYYPKg

I have used this business in the past for Sako needs with good results http://www.accuflite.com/. Easy out to remove broken screw.

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

That is good info, to bad it wasn't with the rings...

Depending on where it broke it may be loose enough to get it out with a sharp pointed instrument. I was able to use the sharp end of a sharp needle file to back out the broken stud.

If it is stuck hard in the hole, you can use a Dremel with a miniature carbide dental burr to cut a slot in the remaining stud and use a small jewelers screwdriver to unscrew it. I've done this on broken scope mount screws a couple hundred times. Drilling can be fraught with the danger of being off center and ruining the existing hole.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."