Thread: EZ loader adding breaks

Default EZ loader adding breaks

Anyone added breaks to a dual axle EZloader boat trailer?

I got disk brake kits from six states to upgrade my trade. If you have a mounting plate on the axle it should be know problem if you dont may be a little bit of a challenge to add them.

I agree with skipper if you don't have a back plate you will need to do some welding. Check to see if the axial is pre wire for brakes. If so I'm sure it has a back plate. You did not mention what type of brakes your wanting disk or drum?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    I agree with skipper if you don't have a back plate you will need to do some welding. Check to see if the axial is pre wire for brakes. If so I'm sure it has a back plate. You did not mention what type of brakes your wanting disk or drum?
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    I got disk brake kits from six states to upgrade my trade. If you have a mounting plate on the axle it should be know problem if you dont may be a little bit of a challenge to add them.
    I have seen many axles that have a flange already welded on to bolt a backing plate to, if he is lucky, that is the case with his axles.

I don't own the trailer yet - it is a standard Dewey's trailer. I was thinking of just going with electric - but don't think I can get disc/electric - not keen on drums when using in salt a lot. Might have to go hydro/electric disc.

Electric over hydraulic disks is the way to go.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

When I asked them if they had a trailer with breaks the response was - "trailer breaks are not required by law in Alaska". I told them it was a life safety issue for me. Why not be as safe as you can?

Ya I think if you have the bracket on the spindal then you can put any kind of breaks you want really.