Thread: Kenai Bank fishing for kings

Default Kenai Bank fishing for kings

Any advice on places to fish from the bank on the Kenai for kings. Looking at July 5-6. Thanks in advance

Default most of the parks are ok

where ever there are alot of people, then the fishing is good. there is a park just up stream of the soldotna bridge that is popular. I usually fish it in a boat so I'm ignorant on where to go bank fishing

There was a long and informative thread on this a while back...use the "search" button above.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Default Kings from the bank

Landing big kings from the bank is quite an endeavor. Here are my suggestions:

You want to use very strong line, such as power pro 100# and have sturdy tackle.

For the bank, you want to have room to maneuver for when the fish runs... you can chase it. I have seen kings landed from Cunningham state park because it is very open.

Last year, there was a group of people landing nice kings from College Hole... using heavy rods and braid...I was impressed.

I have heard of kings being landed at Centennial... again, lots of beach to run. I would stay away from Swiftwater park, as mentioned above; above the bridge, the water is very fast and there's no room on the banks. It is good for sockeye, but probably not for kings.

Good luck

Default Kings from the bank

Centinnial Park is good and so is Morgans Landing

Default centennial

Just go back today. I landed 3 from shore on 30lb mono from centennial in about 4 hours of fishing. Biggest was about 29 pounds. Lots of fun. IM for more

fish2live, were you using eggs?
    "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey