Thread: Eddie Money allusion

Default Eddie Money allusion

36 days til I check in with my 'Two tickets to paradise'!
    The plan is to drive up to Paxson then across to Cantwell, hopefully see the Northern Lights.
    Then up to the cabin site north of Healy for 3 weeks. I'll probably have to take her on a bus ride through the park again as well.
    We'll try to do some fishing in the Nenana near Bear creek, waste of time? Target species?
    I will also take her to Fairbanks for a day or two so she can see it as well, any REALLY interesting sites to look for? Considering a midnite golf game just for fun.
    If you see a couple of good lookin flat landers rolling up in a uhaul pickup feel free to say 'HEY'!

In 36 days you won't be seeing any Northern lights.
    It needs to get dark for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    In 36 days you won't be seeing any Northern lights.
    It needs to get dark for that.

Well..... Not necessarily. He might be going thru .... Tok!
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

It's still getting pretty dark at night, for a couple hours. A month from now that won't be the case tho.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

That there is a prime example of why we ask questions, I just totally whiffed on it being light enough to golf but dark enough to see the lights! My wife loves to take pics and is renting a bigger lens for the trip in hopes of getting some fantastic pics. I hope I can get some work out of her. Of course I'll hit Fast Eddys for a meal.

I can't help you with fishing the Nenana, but if you're driving from Paxson to Cantwell, you'll definitely want to fish multiple small creeks that cross the road for grayling. You'll almost certainly have success, and the setting cannot be beat.

This is another plug for fishing for Greyling of the Denali Highway! The Denali Highway is one of my favorite spots on earth! I recommend you check for road conditions on the Denali Highway a few days before hitting Tok and while getting fuel at Tok (as conditions on the road can change).

Fishing in the twilight along the Denali highway.... I could get up for that! Flies or spinners? What colors/lures seem to work best? Which streams should I avoid? I would love a couple pics of some grayling. Now I have an excuse to check another site (roads) to keep my excitement on edge.

Quote Originally Posted by the nikster View Post
    Fishing in the twilight along the Denali highway.... I could get up for that! Flies or spinners? What colors/lures seem to work best? Which streams should I avoid? I would love a couple pics of some grayling. Now I have an excuse to check another site (roads) to keep my excitement on edge.
    Flies or spinners will work - grayling are not particularly picky. I like little black bead head flies or small dries, but small 0 or 1 mepps spinners work great as well. There aren't really any streams to avoid, but the larger ones will provide better fishing as you move farther away from the road. Don't discount the tiny little trickles that cross the highway, though. The ones that you could practically hop across often provide some of my favorite fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Flies or spinners will work - grayling are not particularly picky. I like little black bead head flies or small dries, but small 0 or 1 mepps spinners work great as well. There aren't really any streams to avoid, but the larger ones will provide better fishing as you move farther away from the road. Don't discount the tiny little trickles that cross the highway, though. The ones that you could practically hop across often provide some of my favorite fishing.
    Thanks for the tips! Looks like you are adjusting to the 'no felt waders' rules.

Under 30. Did a quickie shake down trip with my wife and 3 grandkids on Friday/Saturday to check the sleeping gear. All 5 of us slept fine in temps down to 40. My wife and I were both too hot. Should be plenty warm enough to 20 anyway. We are bringing our bags but will purchase a couple blankets and pillows locally to save on luggage. Part of each of the next 3 weekends will be spent making sure we have not missed or forgotten a thing. Sure hope my gear is where I left it.

Under 30. Did a quickie shake down trip with my wife and 3 grandkids on Friday/Saturday to check the sleeping gear. All 5 of us slept fine in temps down to 40. My wife and I were both too hot. Should be plenty warm enough to 20 anyway. We are bringing our bags but will purchase a couple blankets and pillows locally to save on luggage. Part of each of the next 3 weekends will be spent making sure we have not missed or forgotten a thing. Sure hope my gear is where I left it.
    Take your time, enjoy taking it all in, and have a great trip...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

24 days. Just got a little extra $$ so we can afford to maybe get a halibut at the end of the trip as well, I'm outta halibut.

14 days, who's countin'?

9 days....

9 days....
    Hope the real thing ends up being better than the pre planning enthusiasm.......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Hope the real thing ends up being better than the pre planning enthusiasm.......lol
    My wife is getting tired of going over lists of food, equipment, schedule and expenses. I enjoy my time in Alaska like I should, every time. I just asked my 20 year old daughter if she wants to go too. I would love to spend 3 weeks with her and my wife working on the cabin. Looking at the schedule, 3 weeks actually translates into about 12 work days with travel, showers, church and sightseeing.

25 more days for me until I head the the lake to start building my cabin.
    Will be living, camping and working there for 6 weeks.
    Might even get a little fishing in.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    25 more days for me until I head the the lake to start building my cabin.
    Will be living, camping and working there for 6 weeks.
    Might even get a little fishing in.
    Hard to not be envious, 6 weeks, what a glorious way to spend a month and a half. Fishing? Mans gotta eat!

2 days and the in-laws are in town. Longest 2 days of my life.