Thread: Marine Highway Towns, Which to Charter

Default Marine Highway Towns, Which to Charter

Coming up July 6th - July 23rd. Doing Prince Rupert - Wrangell - Sitka - Juneau. Probably have a chance to do one charter out of one of those areas. My guess is that Sitka will offer the most diverse action but figured I would ask you all anyways. Would prefer to target Salmon or maybe a Salmon/Halibut charter.

Thanks for your advice.

Sitka my friend, Sitka.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

Double that vote--Sitka!

Sitka, but don't discount a charter out of Ktown that makes the run over to east side of POW. Keep in mind that Sitka can be a zoo...

Just missed that you didn't say Ktown.

You planning to charter on the layover? Really depends how long the fetus there & the time of day of it works.
    If your planning to stay till the next ferry pics you up then you have some options

Thanks for the reply guys. We will be staying a few days in Sitka so won't have to sweat the layover part. I'm looking now into something out of Sitka. Anyone have any recommendations on a charter out of there for me. What kind of fish do you think we will be targeting around July 19th?

Just go to the internet, there are several charter company's out of Sitka. You will see beautiful country, have camera ready. You will catch salmon and halibut. You will have fun. Remember, if your putting all your hopes in fishing for one day............. that's a big time gamble, be nice if you could book 2-3 days in a row, this allowing for off day / bad weather / etc. Each to his own, I guess. My two cents on
    this.

If I had my retirement time to do over I would have moved to Sitka. Ninilchik and Homer are ok but Sitka is great. Too late now.

Sitka.

The king salmon fishing recently has been like good June-fishing; except it's April. I can't imagine what June/July will be like.