Thread: Haines July 23rd(ish), 2015 What to Expect?

Default Haines July 23rd(ish), 2015 What to Expect?

Long story short I will be making my way (ferry) up the inside passage starting July 6th from Prince Rupert ultimately ending up in Haines around the 23rd of July. Once in Haines I will be pretty free to stop and tour to my hearts content as I make my way back to Fairbanks (home) and the other half of my party drives down the Alaska Hwy back to Idaho.

What kind of fishing might we run into in Haines that time of year and anyone have any recommendations on where to go and where to stay (two truck campers). I have been in Haines twice before but only to catch the ferry to Juneau so have never had time to play in that area.

We would love to target Salmon but other fishing advice would be appreciated as well.

Thanks and glad to be back active on the forum again the winter always seems soo long.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger33 View Post
    Long story short I will be making my way (ferry) up the inside passage starting July 6th from Prince Rupert ultimately ending up in Haines around the 23rd of July. Once in Haines I will be pretty free to stop and tour to my hearts content as I make my way back to Fairbanks (home) and the other half of my party drives down the Alaska Hwy back to Idaho.

What kind of fishing might we run into in Haines that time of year and anyone have any recommendations on where to go and where to stay (two truck campers). I have been in Haines twice before but only to catch the ferry to Juneau so have never had time to play in that area.

We would love to target Salmon but other fishing advice would be appreciated as well.

Thanks and glad to be back active on the forum again the winter always seems soo long.
    Call Richard Chapell at 907-766-2625. He can give you a vast amount of fishing information pertaining to Haines.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly