Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knik run 4/25

Default Knik run 4/25

Who's in for the run this Saturday the 25th? Where does everybody want to launch from and what time?
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 04-23-2015 at 21:57.

I'm in if there is enough water for my TJ. Right now it is a foot lower than it was on the Oct run. Hopefully it will come up a little with the warm weather. Looking for input from the guys who ran it in Oct. can I do it with a foot less water than last Oct? I have the same model TJ that got stuck last year.

ya im sure you can make it, the only reason the thunder jet got stuck a few times was because i was not really paying attention going up and coming down, and not staying in the main flow all the time. If you just watch the water instead of following the guy in front of you and stay in the deep there is plenty of water all the way up there.

Sounds good. The water should be up a little by Saturday. Been looking forward to this all winter.

Thanks for fixing the date Mike!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I'm in if there is enough water for my TJ. Right now it is a foot lower than it was on the Oct run. Hopefully it will come up a little with the warm weather. Looking for input from the guys who ran it in Oct. can I do it with a foot less water than last Oct? I have the same model TJ that got stuck last year.
    Did you put a stomp grate on yet? If not the water is probably just as cold as it was in Oct and I nearly died of hypothermia just watching you going for a swim. I unfortunately won't be bringing the Diesel landing craft to tow you back this time if I can make it.

Im in, puttin in under the Glenn Highway at the Knik River Access where we always do. Hopin for us all to be headin upriver by 1030am. I counted 5 boats last count. Looks like the weather is guna by awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwildman View Post
    Who's in for the run this Saturday the 25th? Where does everybody want to launch from and what time?
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Did you put a stomp grate on yet? If not the water is probably just as cold as it was in Oct and I nearly died of hypothermia just watching you going for a swim. I unfortunately won't be bringing the Diesel landing craft to tow you back this time if I can make it.
    Wrong guy Mel. I did not make the trip in Oct. I have the same kind model TJ. Mine does have a stomp grate. I'm the guy that came to the shop on the Harley a couple of weeks ago.

Eric

Im in---
    Got a buddy from work riding along that is in the market for a new boat, well first boat. I convinced him to come out and see the differant boats and enjoy a trip to the glacier so if you see him drooling on your boat and asking a bunch of questions you know who he is.
    I think the water level is fine, and the water is not chocolate milk yet-- still a really nice green/blue and pretty easy to see chanel, expecially if the sun is out.
    should be a good/fun trip!
    Mike

I'm going to try to make it, hopefully I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielApplin View Post
    ya im sure you can make it, the only reason the thunder jet got stuck a few times was because i was not really paying attention going up and coming down, and not staying in the main flow all the time. If you just watch the water instead of following the guy in front of you and stay in the deep there is plenty of water all the way up there.
    I'm a very practical thinking common sense minded individual, but I can't tell you how hard this is sometimes! It's like breaking tunnel vision....
    ~Alaska born and raised~ •'04 Duckworth, 5.7 w/ 3-stg. •High side Lowe, '13 Yami 25 prop+Merc 40/30 jet
    •Ranger 6x •CAT atv w/ 27" rubber •A very large moose buggy •M7 153" "Earned, NOT given"

I'll be there with the duck, and aaron will be there with his 18' tracker. See you all in the morning.
    ~Alaska born and raised~ •'04 Duckworth, 5.7 w/ 3-stg. •High side Lowe, '13 Yami 25 prop+Merc 40/30 jet
    •Ranger 6x •CAT atv w/ 27" rubber •A very large moose buggy •M7 153" "Earned, NOT given"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Wrong guy Mel. I did not make the trip in Oct. I have the same kind model TJ. Mine does have a stomp grate. I'm the guy that came to the shop on the Harley a couple of weeks ago.

Eric
    Ah, sorry about that. Was hoping to make it but with all the work at the shop I'm going to have to skip this one. Bob has my number if you guys need help feel free to call.

Was this any of you guys.
    Road bike down the old glenn & saw a few boats just down from the bridge.
    When I left it was getting pushed up stream , looks like a success getting off the gravel bar.
    DSCF4950.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by mudbuddy View Post
    Was this any of you guys.
    Road bike down the old glenn & saw a few boats just down from the bridge.
    When I left it was getting pushed up stream , looks like a success getting off the gravel bar.
    DSCF4950.JPG

I wouldn't know who's wooly or duckworth that is, or how they got there, or who was leading everyone down that path.... As I heard someone say today, "don't follow a crazy redneck in an airboat".

My girlfriend said as I was looking at the last post "Was that today?....Would be fun if it didn't turn into a search and rescue mission every time." LOL. That's what keeps it interesting I say.

Sorry I missed all of the fun but my back is thanking me.

Quote Originally Posted by boondockinak View Post
    I wouldn't know who's wooly or duckworth that is, or how they got there, or who was leading everyone down that path.... As I heard someone say today, "don't follow a crazy redneck in an airboat".
    Thank God that airboat came back and helped drag yours out or we'd still be there trying to move that Duck!!

A few pics from the glacier...what a gorgeous day it was!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

a few more..
    Attached Images Attached Images

You're not kidding about that. Much thanks to everyone that helped. That late evening sun/glare oncoming into the eyes is a killer. I'll post up pics when I get some time, also going to put together some go pro footage etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast