Thread: ZPacks

Default ZPacks

Came across the ZPacks, looking for a lightweight bag rated to about 0 (I'm a pathetically cold sleeper). Thinking I'll get one for this sheep season and just order an x-long so I can have my head covered.

I'm wondering if any of you have them and if they have too thin and weak of a fabric. It comes with a patch kit...kinda makes me think it comes with one because you'll probably need one? I don't really want to be patching my sleeping bag every trip. Anyone have any reviews on it that have taken it out in the field?

I don't have any experience with the Zpack but, if you're looking into quilts I would definitely take a look at Enlightened Equipment. Personally, I don't think I would be too concerned with how durable the fabric is unless you're looking to use it outside of your shelter. Also, I would consider getting one that is the right fit for you based on how tall you are etc. If you're looking for head protection, I would look at getting a down hood. They weigh next to nothing and, take up very little space in your pack. Anyway, JMO, take it for what it's worth which is probably not much.

Thank you for the info! I'll look into them.

I got a zpacks zero degree bag before last year and used in Sitka deer hunting in November, October kodiak goats, and aug-sept sheep and black bear hunting. So far I have about 25 nights in it. I had some trouble with the zipper at first and called them and they told me to just keep using it till the season was over and send it in. So I did just that and they replaced the zipper and had great customer service. As for the bag it is very lightweight and compacts small. I had some very cold snowy nights on kodiak and wore my puff jacket at night and was nice and toasty. All in all I really like the bag and will be using it on my backpacking hunts this year again.

Good info, tekla, thank you!