Thread: Open water on JBER?

Default Open water on JBER?

Anyone been on base to see if it's starting to open up?

Word on the street is that they are all open now. The fishing was supposedly slow today though..

Quote Originally Posted by shimano 33 View Post
    Word on the street is that they are all open now. The fishing was supposedly slow today though..
    I've since been there and can confirm the slow conditions. I can pretty much say that about all the lakes I've fished, beer can, clunie, Cheney.

I saw a few lunkers cruising the shallows on Cheney but the other lakes I didn't see any action.

Let me know if you find em and what they're biting. I've had marginal success with powerbait and none with meal worms. They'll take spinners but only on a very slow retrieve.

I may have to pull out the fly rod and see if that's any better.

Will do JG! I've had some good success hooking into bigger fish on 6 mile in past years. If you see a brown 4 door chevy stop and say hey!
    I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

Quote Originally Posted by shimano 33 View Post
    Will do JG! I've had some good success hooking into bigger fish on 6 mile in past years. If you see a brown 4 door chevy stop and say hey!
    Will do. I was fishing at 6 mile this morning before sunup. I caught a nice fish off a little brown trout patterned rooster tail. As soon as the sun came up over the trees the fish were done eating. For the hardcore guys with time id say 5 am to 630 am is a good bet for nice fish. I released the one I caught, to let it spawn.

Happy fishing.

hey man the biggest fish I have seen is upper sixmile along the culvert and have only managed one 16 in. with a crankbait somehow the old trusty panther martin wasn't working and fly fisherman along here get overly excited and expose themselves leading to no catch. During lunch breaks we have been fishing a lot of different lakes on JBER the only guarantee seems to be fish lake and it's easy, but Green supposedly has 50 20 inchers dropped in that no one I know has connected on.