Thread: "Take a Soldier Fishing" Alaska 2007

Default "Take a Soldier Fishing" Alaska 2007

Well I got a chance to take 2 Army Soldiers fishing this last weekend. Decided to make a mid-night run Saturday afternoon to Klutina for sockeye. SSG Brian Manley and SPC Alex Langley are both stationed at Fort Wainwright and neither have caught a salmon. I provided the gear and instruction and the good lord provided the sockeye. They caught on quickly and we all limited before midnight. Sunday brought us another limit. We drove back to Fairbanks for Fathers Day.

What an honor to take 2 great Americans fishing in the Greatland under the midnight sun. Enjoy the photos>>>

SSG Brian Manley

SPC Alex Langley

My "Midnight Run" T-shirt worn at my Midnight Run!

"Take a Soldier Fishing" SSG Manley and SPC Langley first Alaska Sockeye Salmon at Klutina River just before Mid-night. The land of the midnight sun.

TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Talking Wonderful!

Fantastic job! What a nice thing to do for our service men. And I bet you had a great time doing it too?

Hopefully someone else will do the same for some others.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Nice. I am sure it made their week.

Hey, I remember you. I was da XO of C 1-17 back then.....

Default Going this weekend

Wow BaitBoy aren't you a ray of sunshine. You have just encouraged me to skip my trip to the property in Cooper Landing for some red fishing and head to the Klutina instead. All the posts about the Russian have really raised the crowds... Hope to see you there!

Gooch

Who, made you king of the river. I think I'll head that way instead of the Russian, just to add another fisherman in you personal river, LOL. Lighten up man, and don't be callin' our service men dumb, I used to be one of the guys those men that risked life and limb for your DUMB freedom to fish where ever you like. If you don't appriciate someone taking care of those that protect your dumb @$$ then find another country to live in and let us true Americans enjoy our freedom without your negative comments.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 06-21-2007 at 12:30. Reason: Removed post with quote

Default Klutina

Gooch,
    If possible give me a shout if you head that way. Prety sure I will float the gulkana on Sat & Sun. However might have to run down there for some reds.
    You fish from one of the campgrounds or take the trail up river from the bridge ?
    Anyone know if the road to the lake is open this year ??

Got word the road was officially opened to traffic earlier this week. Please take a good vehicle up there. It still isn't the best of roads.

Cool

Great photos jedi, bet those boys had fun on their first trip. Thanks for deleting what's-his-name's post!
    Tim

Default Negativei

I deleted the negative posts. There is no reason that somone can not do something nice without it turning negative.

Please be positive or be silent.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Thanks

Thanks for taking an opportunity to share our great state and pass time with some of those who are the protectors of our freedom!!!

For those of you who are serving our country or have served, the Kenai River Professional Guide Association has an even on Veteran's day to take a Vet fishing.

Here is a link for more information: http://www.krpga.org/veterans.html

While I did not take a vet fishing I sure had a blast helping 3 out on monday. I was down on the combat zone and the fish were so thick. 3 newbys home from the war made a run down. Clueless. I saw them watching and trying so I set thier rigs up for them properly. explained the technique, put them in my hole and just sat back and enjoyed 3 of our men who served our country slay the fish. Never got their names but it was not important. As a vet, the son of a vet I was proud and honered to help them out. When I left they each had 2 on the bank and were just all smiles. for all those who have served and are serving I saw THANK YOU. Im sure my father above is smiling on all of us on the river.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight