Thread: Anyone been up the little Sue?

Default Anyone been up the little Sue?

Went to the little Sue launch and it's flowing and beautiful. Thinking about doing a run up or down. Unless the Deshka breaks then I want and need to go that way
    "Bearly Wounded" 18' Alaska Airboat, LS3 counter rotator. And a bit of a light problem.

Our AK neighbor took me to check out a gravel pit on the Little Sue last week. He thought a float from there to the Houston Park would be about 3 hours. Wasn't much flow, but the water was pretty clear. No snow on the ground or ice that I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by AKSmash View Post
    Went to the little Sue launch and it's flowing and beautiful. Thinking about doing a run up or down. Unless the Deshka breaks then I want and need to go that way
    You get your throttle working right?

Hell yeah I just had to many return Springs and one was twisted, got it fixed and working great. Went out a few days later and I didn't even use my hand throttle
    "Bearly Wounded" 18' Alaska Airboat, LS3 counter rotator. And a bit of a light problem.

Headed up the deshka tomorrow if you want to join us......9:30 am at deshka landing.
    Bk

Went up the little su from Houston yesterday and it was a little much for my jet, never got stuck but it's really shallow. Went pry 5 miles and turned around..
    Deshkas good to go, Brian was the su still packed with ice when you came out last night? There was 10 times as much ice it seemed compared to when I went down friday

Packed off pretty good. Ran ground for 1/2 mile to avoid all the ice coming down the big Su. Lots of clear ground ice that is tough to see.
    Wondering how you made out.
    Bk

Never hit anything hard, deffinatly needed to pay attention.

Are you hitting the cabin tomorrow or just going for a boat ride

Cabin for an overnight trip.
    Bk

I wish I could make it I'm on the slope till the 18th then ill be home for 3 weeks tho.

Where do you launch airboat to go "up" Little Sue from Houston area? I've floated downstream in small zodiak from Houston to Berma Landing and run mud motor up Little Sue 7 or 8 miles, but never looked at up stream from Houston. Sounds interesting though. Just haven't paid much attention to that direction.

I have a 18' panther airboat 502 with counter rotate props that I usually drive up the Knik or in Jim Creek area. Duck hunt in Jim Creek except for sightseeing trips with visitors. Mostly run the long shaft mud motor there as it certainly costs less to drive and I can hide it easier, except when I'm going to the glacier. Then its the airboat Last year water was so low I had to resort to airboat from Mud Lake area. Usually a bit of a chore to launch there with the big trailer and low clearance, but did it last year so this year may just work again, especially if the water is low and need that boat.

Anyway, joined long time ago but haven't been on much. Was searching for info on land access organizations and wandered into the site again. Amazed my login still worked. Retired now so plenty of time to play with the toys. ATV, fishing Seward/Homer, snow machine, etc...just like the rest of you guys

Dale
    Last edited by dotnorthman; 02-15-2016 at 01:02. Reason: spell error